16

"Y-You were looking for me?"

I asked as I slightly stuttered. He was looking for me for the past two years, when I was busy fighting the demons and protecting people that I love. I was also paying close attention to the right story line to make sure that by the time the manga ends, I'll be able to protect Muichiro.

"But- I never found you." He grabbed my hand and held it. "I felt my body went cold when you were brought in the butterfly mansion. You were unconcious that time, and all I could see was your pale and bloody face."

I stopped and felt my body stiffened. He saw me unconscious. I guess, it was the time that Rengoku-san and I fought the previous lower moon two. To be honest, I did strain myself too much that it caused trouble to Rengoku-san. To think that Muichiro-kun was there during that time somehow makes me shy. He saw me in my worst state.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"For what?" Muichiro-kun asked while still holding my hand.

"You looked for me for years, and yet when you found me I was in unconscious." I said sincerely.

I never intended to be seen like that. If I would be honest, it would've been nice if we saw each other in different circumstance. I held his hand as well, making our hands intertwined to each other.

I looked at his eyes, and it was as if it was pulling me closer to him. He looked me with the same way and we just smiled it off. He didn't let go of my hand and we just stared at the peaceful daytime that is silently dancing in front of us.

"I never thought that you'll be a demon slayer." He started, which made me grin a little.

"It was an unexpected decision, and until now- I'm glad that I am still alive."

He nodded and slowly let go of my hand. I knew that there are times that stories can't last that much, especially the magic and sparks. I can say that he looked for me for the sake of making me pay for pushing me away or something. I don't really know his purpose, but starting here, in and out, we'll be together as we are both hashira.

"Then," Muichiro-kun muttered a word. He pulled some loose hair scattered on my face, putting it behind my hair. "thank you."

I slightly blushed when he said thank you. Why is he thanking me? I haven't done anything to make him say thank you. Why is he thanking me? Should I ask? Or not? I should ask, right? It would be much better to ask him than actually guessing what is it.