18

"You can entrust Miyu-san to me."

To be honest, my heart skipped a beat there. I could feel my cheeks getting hot as well as my hands. I looked away from Muichiro-kun and snatched my hand from him.

The heat of his hands, I could feel it.

"Enjoy your dinner Miyu-san." Tanjiro said.

He waved his hand and encouraged me and Muichiro-kun to go now. Muichiro-kun started walking ahead of me. I waved first before following Muichiro-kun towards the private kitchen of onee-chan where only Hashiras were allowed.

I'm familiar with this, because before I became a hashira, onee-chan always hold a private dinner for them in order to have unity and of course bond. But when Muichiro-kun became a hashira, onee-chan borrowed Iguro-san's kitchen and have dinner there.

When I became a demon slayer, onee-chan once held dinners in her residence. I was never home in two years of becoming a demon slayer, but now that I am a hashira, part of the highest and most respected slayer of demons, I think it is my duty to bring peace and unity.

"Were you crying?" Muichiro asked.

He stopped walking and looked at me. He was slightly taller than me so I was pushed against the wall. I looked away and pushed him slight to give me a small distance with ourselves. If it was me, like the real me, I could've kissed him already.

Well, we did kiss already. About, 2 years ago.

"No, I was not crying." I said.

He asked me again. "Are you sure?"

I nodded and started walking ahead of him. I don't someone to walk up on us in that position. I could feel my cheek burning.

I love Muichiro.

Even if he was only helping me from Rengoku-san, I guess, I should be greatful that he's helping me. I would consider it as time where I can spend time with him.

Putting that all aside, I have to train 10 times harder in order to protect Rengoku-san from killed by Akaza. In order to protect Rengoku-san as well. Akaza doesn't eat or fight a woman, which makes it an advantage for me.

I don't need to finish him. I just need to severe him that could make all of us last until daylight without losing anyone. Without losing Rengoku Kyojuro.