5. Naomi Lopez

I expected to make at least one new friend, but that has yet to happen. It's been a week and my roommate has yet to show up. Perhaps she died or something bad happened to her? I'm hoping she shows up soon because I'm currently hallucinating shit. I've been constantly tidying up the room and sulking in bed for the rest of the day to keep myself occupied.

On the plus side, Ren, I haven't had any recent encounters with him. He brought me my clothes that day, and I haven't seen him since. He hasn't even shown up to school. I've noticed his seat has been empty for the past week, but I'm not the one to complain. Maybe he got tired of my attitude toward him which was a good thing.

So far, I've been on a roll in terms of staying on top of my work and schedule. I even found the book Mrs. Smith was looking for in an old bookstore near campus.

I packed my belongings to leave after my second professor finished explaining the instructions for our next project.

"Hey, stranger." I heard something and looked up to see Ren hovering over my desk. Maybe I spoke about him too soon. I let out a loud groan.

"Ren," I mutter under my breath before turning away towards the doorway.

"Did you miss me?" In a curious tone, he ponders.

"You don't have to say it, but I'm sure you did." He chuckled when I didn't respond to him.

"So, how have you been lately? I missed you, and we haven't talked in a long time." He trailed behind me.

"You say that as if we're friends." I'm walking faster.

"I'd say we've gotten to know each other a little bit. Just a little bit." He had caught up with me.

"I know you enjoy fucking girls in the shower." I brought it up for no apparent reason. I wish I could go back in time and take back that moment.

He burst out laughing at my accusation, "You're hilarious. And how was your boyfriend that night? Did you guys go on a cute little date? Braid each other's hair? Cuddle and watch a movie together?" He persisted, his voice almost a little bitter.

"What my boyfriend and I do is none of your business. And, as I said before, he is not my boyfriend." I reprimanded him.

But what was wrong with cuddling and watching a movie together? If you ask me, this sounds better compared to fucking in public showers.

"Sure he's not." He rolled his eyes at me as if he didn't believe me.

"Why? Is that so hard to believe?" I asked him.

"Yes, it is."

"Oh god. Please don't tell me you're one of them."

He has a puzzled expression on his face as he looks at me.

"You do realize, Ren, that it is possible to be friends with someone while having no romantic feelings for them?" I came to a halt to make my point.

"That's bull shit." He scoffed.

"It's not bull shit."

"Yes, it is. Why? Because you'll always feel a strong attraction to each other." He scoffed again and leaned against the wall.

"That is not correct. Maybe for you, but not for the vast majority of people." I'll defend myself.

"It's very true, Kimora. You see, the truth about friendships is that attraction can sometimes outweigh friendship. You may become friends with someone and believe that you will remain, friends when that's not the case." Wow. His hypothesis appears to be well thought out. It's as if he's been thinking about this for a long time. Deep down, I knew he was right, but there was no way I was going to admit it to him.