31. The Fight

"Ciara, it's not-" Ren says to a confused Ciara.

"I..." She opens her mouth to say something, but she barely says anything. She frantically looked and pointed between the both of us.

Shit. She knows. There was no doubt in my mind.

"Ki! Ren! We were looking all over for you guys!" Naomi interrupted while throwing a snow cone wrapper in the trash. She walked over to the awkward interaction.

"Uh- We ended up playing musical chairs. How was the trivia?" Ciara finally spoke when her girlfriend approached.

"Oh. It's alright. We just got a bit... lost after the trivia thing. The announcer kept talking." I stumbled over my words awkwardly.

"Well c'mon, I think we might leave now that everything's about to close." Naomi took my hand in hers.

"Okay." I followed her lead before looking back at Ren.

I don't know how to process the things that he said earlier. I know that it confirmed things I wanted to know. I have no clue what we're going to do about Ciara. But I don't want to think about it now.

Getting back to the dorm, Naomi kissed Ciara goodbye and made her way back inside joining me on the bed.

"Wow! What a day!" She laid her back against the bed.

"Yea," I replied dryly. My thoughts have been stuck on Ren since we got back.

"Hey, is something wrong?" She turned her head towards me.

"Did it seem that way? I'm sorry." I sighed.

"Don't ever apologize about the way you feel Kimora." She sat up and this let me know that she was serious.

"Thanks." I smile weakly.

"I think I know what it's about." She says.

"W-What?" I say nervously.

"It's Danny. I saw the way he got no questions right on the couple quiz thingy." My heart sinks at the mention of Danny.

"Oh... yeah." I chuckle nervously.

"That's really embarrassing. But it's okay. Because you two have just started. It's okay not to know." She pats my back as if she's being helpful.

I now knew for sure that I had feelings for Ren. I needed to at least tell him. But Danny. If I can be honest with everyone else, I have to be honest with Danny. Ren was right. I shouldn't have started something with him and led him on. But I thought I could do it. I thought I could. It's just that... Ren seems to always be in my mind. He always has been, since day one.

Maybe it would've been different if I would've met Danny first. Or if Ren and I never would've kissed. I'd probably just see Ren as some annoying jerk whom I run into all the time. Not the jerk that I have feelings for.

For the rest of the night, Naomi and I stayed up watching some random Netflix show.

.....

Today's the day. I'm gonna tell Danny that I don't want to be with him anymore. I've never had to do this before, but its first time is for everything I guess.

I see Ren at the end of the hallway talking to one of his friends. I want to talk to him, but I don't feel the courage to do so. Even though our feelings are the same, I don't think I'm on that level where I just walk up and speak to him.

He looks so good today. It looks like his hair has gotten a bit longer, and his face looks perfect. His jaw is clenched with tension, and his grey eyes are focused as always.