35. Temptation

We spent the rest of that day with Danny. He appeared more tense than usual, as if on edge. He couldn't even look me in the eyes.

I was kind of upset because Ren and I's first date was indeed interrupted by Danny. He asked me to meet him and barely said a word to me. If anything, it felt more like my and Ren's date continuing and Danny tagging along.

However, they did seem to talk a lot whenever I left. I know, they're best friends and all, but I can't help but think the tension was thicker. And more... awkward.

That's your guilt, Kimora.

My subconscious reminds me.

The guilt is consuming me every time I see him. Every time I speak to him.

I was never the type of person who did things like this. A person who deceives, lies, and cheats. But I can't find myself being away from Ren. He's like an addiction, and the more time spent with him, the more he consumes my very being.

"I have some exciting news to share with you, class." Mr. Brodrerick pulled everyone aside before the end of class. Everyone's attention was drawn to him.

"As you are aware, there will be an art showcase competition next week." Everyone applauded in delight when he said this.

"Our class is to pick any of the projects we completed this semester and bring them to Seattle, Washington."

"Seattle?" A few of my classmates murmur behind me.

"I've already chosen the projects I'd like you to submit. Your collaboration projects with partners." He announced, and the class clapped and cheered as if they agreed with everything he said.

I smiled to myself and turned to face Ren, who was already beaming at me.

"The partner with whom you worked on the project will be the one presenting the project in the showcase and sharing rooms with you." I paused as he explained. I share a room with...

"I'm very proud of each and every one of you, and I hope you win something!" Mr. Broderick laughed, and we tried to imitate him. Wow. So much is going on. This could be a big thing for us. People can now see the talent of some underappreciated artists. Seattle. I've never been there. I'm looking forward to seeing what it has in store for us.

Like sharing a room with Ren.

I'm staying in the same hotel room as him. Is this a good or a bad thing?

After painting class, I leave so that I can put the leftover art supplies I had in the supply closet. I hadn't noticed Ren was behind me until I turned around, giving him a yelp of fright.

"You have got to stop doing that." I clutch my heart and he laughs at me.

"I said your name like... three times. You must have been lost in thought or something."He chuckled.

"Yeah," I sigh, turning around and stacking my brushes on the shelf.

"Does it involve us sharing a room?" He smirked innocently as if he hadn't been thinking about it all the time.

"No. Well, not only that." I laugh.

"Kimora, are you thinking dirty thoughts? I'm embarrassed." I swatted him away after he teased me.

"Whatever." I chuckled.

He cleared his throat awkwardly and slowly closed the door behind him, giving us some privacy.

"Well, what else is bothering you? Did... Did something happen?" He stood beside me to read my face.

"No, not really." I shake my head.