28. The Other Girl

Ever since Danny and I got together, I spent all my time with him now. We've gotten into a daily routine where he meets me after class and we usually just eat and talk. Then go to my dorm. We haven't gotten to the cuddling stage yet, it's only been a week. However, Danny hasn't gone anywhere without holding my hand.

Have boyfriends always been this clingy? It's been a while for me.

I haven't seen Ren all week, however, but I heard he's doing exactly what I told him to do. Entertaining some chick. Whatever. I knew he would, that's what boys like him do. They get bored and hop to the other woman. Good thing I don't give a shit about him anymore.

"You ready?" Naomi asked me. We were getting ready for the party I hesitated to go to.

"Mmhm." I nodded my head and we left.

We both met up with our dates when we got there. The party looked the same as ever. Maybe a bit less thrilling than the one before.

"Hey, babe." Danny kissed me.

"Hey." I smiled while hugging him.

I looked at Naomi and Ciara who were already hugged up. We all made our way to the living room and sat on the empty couches.

"Wanna puff?" Danny offered me. I shook my head no politely.

Naomi went to the kitchen to get us some drinks. I leaned against Danny's shoulder while I waited.

This was... Extremely boring. Maybe it's because I haven't had any alcohol, or it's because of the simple fact I didn't wanna be here. I heard people screaming and laughing as the music drowned them out. Then there were the people in a huddle dancing and giving each other lap dances. I hated these parties.

"I got us some shots guys!" Naomi came back, handing each of us a glass. Thank god. I tilted the cup on my mouth and scrunched my eyes as the liquid slid down my throat.

"Ren? You came!" Naomi said while having a seat next to me. My heart stopped for a minute.

My head shot at the door and I spotted Ren. He looked the same. The same way I remember him. An asshole.

This is actually the first time I've seen him in an entire week. Then I cut my eyes away to look at the company he brought with him.

Beside him was this brunette chick, who had blonde highlights. Her hair was in two pigtails and she wore a pink outfit; cropped pink shirt and a short pink skirt with fishnets. I could see her belly piercing and she had a rose tattoo just above it. I looked back at the skirt. It barely covered her ass. She wore dark red lipstick and really dark eyeshadow.

I mean... as long as he's happy. Or whatever happy meant in Ren's world.

I cringed at them before cutting my eyes away. They made their way to our gathering near the couches and sat directly in front of me. Ren sat down first, and the girl sat on his lap. I adjusted myself a bit and lifted my head off Danny's shoulder.

"You want a shot?" Naomi offered them.

"No thanks." Ren turned it down.

"Speak for yourself." The girl's voice said.

Her voice was squeaky and rapsy, like a smoker's voice. She took a glass from Naomi and gulped it down fast.

Our group sat in silence, Naomi and Ciara talking and laughing, and everyone else on their phones.

"Oh my gosh, Ren. Are your friends always this boring?" The girl wrapped her arms around Ren's neck.

"Just calm down, Mari," Ren said, peeling her away from him.