11. The Party

Our connection project is due on Monday. Last night, I kept a close eye on it. My thoughts return to the time Ren and I spent together the day before.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad Ren was my partner. Even though I find him to be an absolute jerk at times, he puts in a lot of effort at work.

I figured since it was now Saturday, I should sleep in and put the finishing touches on our creation.

"Are you planning on coming tonight?" Naomi asks. She was curling her hair in the mirror.

"Tonight? What's going on tonight?" I questioned.

"How does this look?" She turned around to show me how she was dressed for the party tonight. The outfit was very fancy. It was both lush and seductive. Maybe sexier. It was far too revealing for my tastes, and coming up with outfits requires a genius. That is why Naomi is a fashion design major rather than me.

"I certainly like it. A lot." I said, hyping my friend up.

"I think you should come." She pouted.

"Nah, that's okay. I need to catch up on things." I stretched.

"What? By staying up all night watching crime documentaries? Ki, are you really going to spend your college years like that?" She indicated my musty presence.

I was still in my pj's from the night before, my hair was a mess, and I was covered in food crumbs.

"What? It's... relaxing." Before shoveling a cracker down my throat, I beg.

"Hell no. I can't stand it when you're not flaunting yourself like the badass you are. You're coming tonight, girl." She grabbed my arm.

"But-" I try to argue.

"No buts! Just come tonight, and I'll stop making you go. I guarantee it. Danny might be there, too." She kept pulling at me until I gave in. When I finally stood up, she let out a squeal.

Gabe. Gabriel would want to come. I take out my phone and call him to tell him about the party tonight. I also need to tell him about Ren. The last time we talked, I swore that I hated him.

"Yay! And I have the perfect fit for you. Tonight is the night to let loose." She dashed into her closet. When she came back, she was holding a long-sleeved black dress with holes on both sides.

"That's it? No jacket? Cover-up?" I made a joke.

"Nothing. Tonight you're taking a chance! You could be even more scandalous by not wearing a bra or panties tonight." She gave me a wink. I laughed because maybe I could consider that. I'm all about taking chances.

I put on my clothes and turned around to look in the mirror. It was kind of cute. I lied. Really fucking hot. Trust me, I never call myself hot.

We walked to the frat house because it wasn't too far away. There were already a lot of people there, and it was wild. Wild wouldn't even describe it.

Some people had already gathered outside, dancing, talking, and puking. We could hear the music while walking because it was so loud. People were cheering, dancing, kissing, and doing things I'd rather not try to figure out as we approached the inside. I was overcome with excitement. This is something I miss. I remember how much fun parties used to be. Naomi held my hand the entire way in, making sure we didn't get lost in the crowd.

We went to the kitchen to get some snacks and drinks. We spotted Danny, and he made his way toward us.

"Kimora! You look fantastic! It's been a while." He approached me for a hug.

"Thanks." I give him a friendly smile.

"I had no idea you were the type to party." He laughs.

"I used to do it. Not so much anymore." I crack a nervous laugh.