38. Things That Happen

MATURE CONTENT WARNING!!!

As much as I am annoyed by Ren almost exposing us, I can't help but feel incredibly bad about what I said to him tonight. He looked hurt, as if what I had said really stung. I wanted to make it up to him, but I also didn't want to talk to him. What he did was reckless, and immature. I mean, he ruined the entire party for everyone because of his... feelings.

After the get-together with friends, everyone went and hung out at another bar downtown to get even more shitfaced. I wanted to stay here and drown in my thoughts of the guilt that's eating me up. I don't know if Ren went with them, but I haven't heard anything from him.

Just then I heard a light knock on my door. It must finally be Naomi coming back. This would be a long night, knowing how crazy she gets once she's drunk. I groan and slowly drag myself out of bed to open the door for her. However, it wasn't a shit-faced Naomi that greeted me, it was Ren.

"Hello," I say with alarm in my voice.

"Hey," He said with a small voice, his eyes barely meeting mine.

"What..." I say but was interrupted.

"I need to speak with you, Kimora." As if it were his dorm, he walked in and shut the door behind him.

"What do you want, Ren?" I was speaking quickly.

"I'm sorry about earlier." He exhaled a sigh.

"Sorry for what?" I raise my brow.

"For being an asshole to you and an emotionally driven alcoholic. I wasn't thinking clearly, I was impulsive, and I was being selfish." He explains himself sincerely.

"Why are you-"

"I just... don't like it when we get into fights." He looks at me.

"I'm sorry as well. For... saying those harsh things to you. I didn't mean it; I was simply-" I sincerely apologize.

"It's all right. You were right." He reached into the pocket of his sweatpants.

"No, it was not a nice thing to say to you. And it isn't true." I plea.

"So, are we okay?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we're good. Are you still drunk?" I asked him.

"Ah, not that much. I didn't go with the group, so I'm roughing out this hangover." He explained.

"Okay."

He nodded instead of saying anything else.

Ignoring me, he began walking around my side of the room as if inspecting something. I stood there silently watching him as he began poking around in my books. My books! I'd be so embarrassed if he found out what I read on my own.

"I've never seen these before." He says before bending over to read the titles of each.

"Get away from there," I say quietly as I walk toward him.

"Why?" He asked as if he suspected I was attempting to hide something.

"Because I don't want you snooping through my belongings. That's it." I lied to him.

"What, you're worried I'll find something? Something I shouldn't see? Something like... these books?" He ran his fingers along the spines of my books. How did he know?

"No." To be sure, I lied once more.

"You know, Kimora, you're really bad at lying." He smirked dangerously. He takes pleasure in seeing my embarrassment.

I kept a close eye on him as he picked up the most erotic book I had.

"Chapter 10, he watched me unbutton my blouse in lust and-" He began reading passages from my book.