33. Ren and Kimora

It's been almost an hour since I've seen him and I still have butterflies.

"I like you."

Since the festival, I've played this on repeat in my head. Ren said this to me. He told me he likes me. What does this mean for us? What the hell would I tell Danny? 

I'm dumping you because I've always had feelings for your friend. I'm sorry.

What an asshole thing to say. 

Danny has been nothing but kind to me, and I feel like I'm just tossing him aside. Still, the truth has to get out eventually. The longer it stays hidden, the worse it's going to hurt him.

I hesitate to press my finger on his phone contact.

Just say it. He will understand.

I inhale and sit up on my bed once the phone starts to ring.

"Babe?" Danny answers. It sounds like he was half yelling though.

"Ah, Danny. Hi." I clear my throat.

"What's up?" He asks as if he was at a convenience. I could hear background noises too. Was he... partying? 

"Is this a bad time?" I say, not wanting to interrupt whatever was going on.

"Actually, yeah." He says nonchalantly. 

"Oh, I'm sorry." I apologize. 

"We'll talk later though." He tells me and then hangs up quickly. 

I sigh because that could've been my chance. I needed to tell him, but I can't do that if there are things getting in the way.

"I like you."

Ren's soft voice replays in my mind. I can't help but blush some more. As if I wanted to drown him in my thoughts, I pulled out the photo we took from the carnival.

He laughed at me that day. His smile was beyond gorgeous. Ren's such a beautiful soul.

I would have never thought I'd feel this way about him. Considering, in the beginning, he was an absolute jerk.

I chuckled to myself at the embarrassing moments we shared. I was a dumbass for choosing Danny when the person I wanted was in front of me the entire time. I realize that Ren is honestly the first person I've felt a sincere connection with. Besides Gabriel, he knows everything about me, maybe even more. 

Then go to him.

My subconscious interrupts.

What? I can't go to him, I've got to tell Danny the truth first.

And miss this opportunity? 

My stomach flips at the thought of seeing Ren again. Especially, now those feelings are acknowledged. I never gave him a direct response to his confession. 

Fuck it.

Before I knew it, I put on some shoes and left to go see him.

REN'S POV:

I was startled by knocking on my dorm in the middle of the night. Is it Danny? Did he come home drunk? He did say he was at a party tonight. I set my book aside and slowly got out of bed and walked to the door to answer it.

When I opened it, my favorite person in the world greeted me. Kimora. 

Her face was relaxed, but she was filled with emotion. She was panting heavily as if she was running on her way here.

"Kimora? What are you doing-" Her crashing her lips against mine cut off my words. 

I embraced it for a split second before breaking away from our kiss to speak.