2: It's been 18 Years

MARCEL'S POV

I had a 'word' with her parents and let's just say it's all fixed itself. She was back to being the smiling Azalea I knew and loved. She was still on the cheer team but she wasn't mean or a bully. She was lashing out before because she was hurting not because that's who she was.

Her temper did stick around but she was learning to control that with an actual therapist. One Klaus had sent down from New Orleans to try and help her. Camille O'Connell.  She had meant to have helped Klaus a lot in the past when Azalea first left town and they were still good friends so now she was helping Azalea control it without spilling the beans on anything Mikealson related. Including the fact that she had a sister.

Klaus had another daughter when Azalea was 11. I thought maybe Klaus would come for Azalea and raise them together but turns out he was just so protective of Azalea he wanted to keep her out of harm's way. He even pushed his second child away too out of fear of ruining her innocents. Though Klaus over the years had become a more hands-on father and no he wasn't perfect but he was there for Hope. And Hope adored him.

Hope reminded me a lot of Azalea, she was kind and loving and generous. She was gentle and she used her magic, in the same way, to help little butterflies fix their broken wings. I guess the girls Klaus produces have the heart he once had before his father ruined him. And when I was thinking about how both his girls were so angelic I connected the dots as to why Klaus wanted to keep them both at arms distance to protect them from himself. He didn't want to do what his father did to him to the girls. He didn't have the best role model of what a father should be so he had no clue what type of father he would turn out to be.

But Klaus did a good job with me. He saved me from being a slave to my master, he saved me from death giving me the gift of eternity. He looked after me. He taught me to read and to fight. He was a good role model even if he didn't think he was. I wish I had known this is why he sent his daughter away in the first place. I would have tried to convince him that he could do it. But now she has lived 18 years without her father. And she didn't even know it. she thought the man that raised her was her biological father. She had no clue.

--------------

Azalea was a hard worker, and extremely independent. So when she got a job I wasn't surprised. Despite her studying magic with her mother and occasionally on her own when Freya sends me books, spells and herbs to give as well as school and cheer, studying for her finals, learning how to fight with Rick from the Salvatore school she still managed to squeeze in time for a Job.

She worked at the grill. She would serve her friends and some people that weren't her friends that were obnoxious and mean to her but she didn't seem to care. She took it all in her stride. I could see her exploding at them one day though. That fake smile she wears can sometimes turn into a mischievous or even evil smirk. One I've seen on her fathers face all too often. And it happens in a flash it's hard to catch her before she does something she probably shouldn't do and it often involves magic... The new one she likes to do to me is making my blood boil whenever she's pissed at me. She learnt that one from Davina Claire... She's a New Orleans witch I used to look after her a while back and she comes to visit me sometimes and often Azalea is around. Davina adores her, they talk on the phone a lot which sometimes makes me feel left out because when I'm spending time with one of them their eyes are glued to their phone texting the other one.

Though it's nice she has a friend who she can do magic with. Her parents won't let her attend the Salvatore school they think it's too radical and that Azalea needed to be around 'normal' people to learn how to live a 'normal' life. But she wasn't made for a normal life she was mind by a psycho and oh, another psycho meaning at some point the crazy has to come out of her. And it's my job as her big brother and personal protector to make sure that it doesn't happen where she wouldn't make it out alive.