14: Fight Like A Mikealson

We waited in the grill for Hayley and Hope and I got something to eat whilst we were there too. It was a little after four but Hayley told me she'd be late as their hair appointment was pushed. I didn't mind too much Bonnie and I was enjoying each other company. I was helping her figure out the reverse of a spell which is more complicated than you'd think it was. 

"Hey." Hayley sat at our table. "Your hair looks so nice Hope! I love it." I tell my little sister. She smiled and a light blush coated her cheeks. "I'm nearly finished," I tell her referring to my food. "Don't rush. Hope ordered a Milkshake on her way over." She stole some of my fries but I didn't mind sharing. 

We sat at the table for another hour. Just talking and not really doing anything but talking and eating, to be honest. When it was time to leave I noticed the shouting from outside. "Hope, stay close," Hayley said. Maybe there were a few drunks arguing out there. Hope held my hand as we went outside. My eyes went wide as I took in the scene in front of me. 

Cars were on fire, people were fighting the were dead bodies and limbs all over the place. Anyone would think it was a war zone. Like an actual war between two countries the one, you read about in history books. I scooped Hope up and turned her away as one guy grabbed another heart. "I'm scared Zlea." She tells me. "It's okay. we're going to be okay," I tell her I fiddled with my bracelet and get it off-putting it in my back pocket. "Here pass me your hand," I tell her and take her bracelet off. "Repeat after me okay." She nodded. "Motus." "Motus." It moves people. Throws them out the way." She nodded.

"It's Klaus," Hayley tells us. "What?" "His father he's at the compound." I look around again. Hope was shaking like a leaf. "You know what I do when I'm scared?" I asked her grabbing her attention away from the brutality of the fight. We were moving towards an alley to hideout. "I close my eyes and sing... It makes all the bad things go away. But you can't open your eyes until I say okay." She nodded. "Close your eyes." And she did. I pushed her head into the crook of my neck "Now sing our song okay." "You are my sunshine my only sunshine." She sang. "I'm going to take her to the school." "You won't make it. It's too dangerous." "It's too dangerous for her here. Let me take her Hayley. I promise I'll protect her." I tell her. She nodded and gave me the keys to her car. "It's parked around back." She pointed down the alley. "Please Azalea." "Nothing will happen to her... I promise." I tell her. "Bonnie come with us," I tell her. 

I run down the streets. "You're the tribrid girls." Some guy stood in front of us. Hope began to sing louder. "You make me happy when clouds are grey." "What's a tribrid?" I said acting dumb, he frowned. "The two ginger girls... I'm sure that's what he told us." "Who? Look I'm just trying to get my child away from all this madness." I say still playing dumb. "Child? You look young to have a child." "Look I'd love to have a chit chat and maybe help you get checked into a hospital for whatever is going on with your tribrids. But there's actual killing happening in the square and my child's 7." "Oh right yeah, sure go." I ran to the car. I put Hope in the back. "Keep your eyes closed," I tell her before getting in the front. 

"How did you get away with that?" "I have no clue." I breathe out as I put the car into drive and speed off. I dodged people on the streets and tried to get to the school as quick as I could. I needed to get back to the compound to help. I needed to be with them. Yeah, they have made bad decisions in their lives surrounding me but they're my family at the end of the day. 

I got to the school and we were stuck at the fence. "Rick? It's me... I have Hope." The gates opened and we ran through leaving the car not having enough time for them to open all the way. It was safe in the school. 

"Here go to Care." "Where are you going?" "I need to go help" "No!" Rick said I sighed. "Look I know no one really likes that family but they're my family. I need to go help." He rubbed his face. "Damon's going to kill me." "He doesn't need to know," I tell him before taking off. I ignored my name being called and got back in the car and drove the rest of the way to the compound which was on my about 15 more minutes in the car.