25: You Miss Her?

"You've been spending a lot of time with Aurora lately," Kol says to me. "I mean she's my mum... I'm not going to not see her." I say looking up from my book briefly. I started reading some of Elijah's old books, they're the first edition of Charles Dickens. They're pretty good. I'm currently reading Oliver Twist. I've read it before at school but I didn't really pay attention. I mean no one does in school. 

"I'm just saying... Maybe you should you know actually hang out with your family." "Did you not hear the part about her being my mum?" I questioned him, his lack of intelligence kills me daily. "Well, what about Hayley?" "What about her?" "You've not been out with her for a while." "Yeah, but she gets it... She'd do the same if it was her mum. Besides, I bet she's enjoying having some time away from kids." I closed the book when my phone vibrated. "Mum's here. I've got to go." I rush out of the compound before he could say anything else that was stupid. 

---------

HAYLEY'S POV

"Why are you here?" Damon asked when I followed him through to the lounge of his apartment. 'I'm here because my- Azalea ditched me to hang out with her mum again." "So you thought I'd want to hang out with you?" He asked. The truth was I missed Azalea a lot. I got used to having her around and it felt good to teach her things and see her discover how amazing it is to be herself. The number of new things she's discovering about her new abilities and how she reacts to them. She's learning more about the wolf traditions and her own pack... though she's been hanging around my pack and they've welcomed her with open arms and she's been helping with setting up their new home here. She even put a protective boundary spell around the camp so they can sleep without feeling on edge all the while. 

Damon wasn't my first choice of a distraction but there weren't many other people available right now. "I know you miss her too," I say sitting down on the sofa. "How have you been?" I asked him. "Fine." "Really? Because there's been a lot of bear attacks recently." "Nothing to do with me... maybe you should ask the redhead that appeared randomly." He says back sitting down drink in hand as always. 

I looked around the small apartment. "Nice place," I say taking everything in. It was quite hard in here, not really many soft furnishings and the sofas were brown leather that matched the wooden cabinets. "Thanks." I looked to the left of me at the side table and noticed to photos I smiled at them. 

"You miss her?" I asked him picking up the photo of him and Elena

"You miss her?" I asked him picking up the photo of him and Elena. "Every day." He says looking at the photo from where he was sat. "And you miss her too?"

 "And you miss her too?"