9: I trust you

AZALEA'S POV

I woke up with the warm beams of the sun hitting my face. Which was new and welcoming. I preferred the sun to wake up to than the repetitive drip and dull lighting of the basement. I look around the room taking in my surroundings. There was a large window with a window seat, books lined the shelves under the seat, they looked to be pretty old. I stand up slowly still not feeling strong enough to really do much. 

I go to the window and let the sun embrace me in a warm tight but comforting hug. I sigh content almost. The white drapes were closed so I pulled them open wanting as much sunlight in this room as possible. I felt neglected by the sun over the last few days. I was always outside for cheer so being locked away wasn't fun for me. 

I turn away from the window and look around the room so more. The walls had exposed brick in places it was a cool touch. The bed was a large mahogany bed to match the rest of the furniture in her. But it all softened up with the cushions and decor pieces, which were mostly white with a few pastel blues here and there. There was a vintage looked pastel blue rug laid out on the hardwood floors. It was pretty. 

I was confused though... What happened to keeping me in the basement? Above my bed there was a large painting it was of a snowflake I think, with tree branches... it matched the colour scheme of the room perfectly. My eyes fall onto my bedside table. 

My photo from my room was sat there of me and the cheer team at one of the football games. And just in front of it was one of me and my boyfriend Alex.

He got a head injury at one of his games, got a brain bleed and died

He got a head injury at one of his games, got a brain bleed and died... Mum wouldn't let me use magic to save him, she wouldn't teach me the spell so I couldn't. That's when I really dove into my studies and I taught myself everything I possibly could. Which was easy because Marcel brought me these old Grimoires and spells all the time. He passed away a year ago... I miss him every day. I picked his photo up and sat back on the bed. 

"I'll be with you soon, baby," I whispered to the photo kissing my fingers before putting them gently on the photo. With everything that's going on, I wouldn't be surprised if I was to get killed. You know to keep the secret of the older daughter. At this point, I don't care either. My parents are dead who do I have here? I have cheer but it's superficial friendships none of us has anything in common. We're only friends because we cheer together and it adds to team spirit if we all get on. 

There's Damon, but he's doing better now so he'll be okay and I'm sure he'll find some other witch to help him with his problems and another teen looking for a job to fill my position. 

But Hope. My baby sister. She's here... She of course doesn't have a clue what's going on right now. But I do. And I want to be there to protect her. Though her mother does an amazing job at that. She was happy before me I'm sure she'll be happy without me again. 

My fingertips began to feel warm. I smiled she was practising the butterfly spell. I created the spell and I wanted to know when it was being used so I made it so I'd know. She practised all the time. She was going to be an extremely powerful witch when she grew into her powers.