Part 26

"This... I don't like it. I... I don't..." I say, twisting awkwardly around in the mirror. The dress fits weird, the hem is wrong, and the cup size is way to big. If anyone tall stood near me, they'd see right down my dress.

"We can get it altered to fit your measurements." The attendant reassures me, but I don't think this ass is fitting in this dress anytime soon.

Beth, Ash and Lily all planned a whole day to help me find a wedding dress. It almost seems silly, picking out a very normal wedding dress to get married to a literal god. But Loki promised we would have a wedding and Honeymoon because that's what I wanted. Besides, that way I can see my mother again. She loves weddings.

"No offense, but that makes you look like a sack of potatoes."

"Wow, Lily!" I laugh, shaking my head at her. She's not one to use a filter.

"We have looser fitting gowns, more elegant and simple. Would you like me to bring a few to your room?"

"Actually, I'm more of a 'go big or go home' sort of gal so, if you have anything over the top and princess-like, I'd love to try one of those."

"Certainly!" She says in a perky voice. 

"'Princess-like', Ayca? Really?" Beth teases, snickering at me.

"Hey, I'm engaged to the prince of Asgard, that makes me, quite literally, a princess." I banter with her, holding up one finger towards her.

I waddle to my changing room and another woman comes in to help my get out of the dress. I take a deep breath, finally having one. I straighten out my white satin slip, and soon the woman comes back with three different dresses, exactly what I had asked for. I pick one out to start with. It's kind of a blush pink with lace hugging my bicep, and sparkly jewels cascading down. I love it, but paired with the black hair I've acquired from being a raging demonic maniac, I'm not sure I can do the color. I lift the full skirt and walk back out to the main room to show my group.

Ash gasps, covering their mouth. 

"Damn, girl!" Lily states, taking her phone out to take a picture. I set the skirt down, smiling at their reactions. I look at myself in it in the full length mirror, admiring it. Right away I start to dislike the color more and more.

"I... I just can't do the pink, ya know? But it's beautiful." I say, running my hands down the front of my torso, letting my fingers glide across the lace.

"We have it in white."

"You do?" My attention snaps towards the attendant, my eyes getting wide with excitement.

"Bitch, if you don't try that on, I will." Lily says.

"Yes, can I see it in white, please?" 

Just then I get a call on my phone. It's my dad.

"Hey buttercup! How's it going?" He says through a video call.

"What do you think?" I say, handing the phone to Beth and backing up so he can see the dress.

"Ooh!" He ogles, letting his voice go playfully up and down in pitch, "Go big or go home, huh?"

"That's exactly what I said! But I think I'm going to try it in white. The pink just isn't me."

"What are you talking about? You're exactly like Glenda the good witch, you two could practically be twins. Someone get her a star wand!" He calls loudly into the room while snapping his fingers.

I shake my head and get the phone back from Beth. We hang up and I return to the fitting room to try on the white version of the dress. I slip into it and laugh a booming, slightly unattractive laugh.