Part 33

I unpack the rest of my things in mine and Loki's room at Tony's house. He renovated a whole floor for us, like our own little flat in the midst of the Stark tower. It has a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, living room, and a few other cool amenities. One of those being a training room, which I'm most excited about using. Everything in there is fire proof and has a magnificent array of weapons that Loki and I will have fun throwing at each other.

He's made trips to Asgard, bringing things he'd like around our space like his favorite books and pictures of his mother. We display a lot of our pictures in the empty pockets of a bookshelf by the fireplace, though between the two of us, there isn't much left over space. 

My closet is it's own mall, I feel like Mia from the Princess Diaries when she moves to Genovia. On the other side of the bedroom is Loki's closet, which, even with the light on, you can't see much. Everything is such a dark shade of the same three colors, but it suits him.

We spent a lot of these past few weeks settling in, enjoying the simplicity of making the space our own. Turns out Loki really prefers Midgardian food, so I've been teaching him all the recipes I know. He laughs at me when I turn on reruns of Julia Child, but I just whip him with a dish cloth when he does.

There's even a speaker by the front door, letting dad send voice messages through Jarvis. One day he calls us down to his living room.

"The both of us?"

"You're family now, Loki. That means you follow wherever I go!"

"Head to the bedroom, and I might just." He flirts with me. I kiss him, and he leans my into the wall by the front door. He pins my arms above my head, but we're interrupted by Tony. 

"I know you kids are eating each other's faces right now probably, but we've got a situation on our hands."

He pauses, his mouth still open from kissing me. He sighs, letting my hands down. "Later." He says, kissing me one more time before heading to the elevator.

We arrive, and to my surprise a few of the Avengers are here. "What's going on?" I ask Nat, who's sat beside Steve.

"It's good to see you too, Ayca!" Steve says, holding his hands out to the side.

"Sorry! It's good to see you too, Steve." 

Pepper comes into the room with a pile yellow file folders in her hands. "Did you send out the memo?" She asks Tony, sounding upset.

"Of course I did, Pepper!" He assures her, handing her a drink.

"I'm not drinking right now."

"You need it." 

"I need you to read this file." She says playfully, enjoying his banter.

"Put it down on the counter and I'll pick it up to read it."

"Tony..."

"Pepper, we've been over this. I don't like being handed things. But you know what you like being handed? A drink. Oh look! I have one right here." He says, cheekily pointing at the drink in his hand. Without leaving eye contact, Pepper sets the files down on the counter.

I snicker and look up at Loki, who has the same holding-back-laughter expression that I do.

"I'll read the file, Mr. Stark." Natasha offers, reaching over to grab one. She studies it, and Steve helps himself to one as well.

"What do I need to be down here for?" I ask, walking over to them.

"I'd say we should contact Fury. Have you heard from him?" Natasha asks. They seem to be avoiding my question. It makes me feel small, and Loki notices. He holds my hand to comfort me as I try and raise my voice a little louder.