Chapter 25

Lexi's POV

The next few days were pretty uneventful. That is excluding the dirty looks Colton kept receiving from Ryan and his group.

We were sitting in our last class for the day. Both of us had French.

"Bonjour!" our teacher, Miss Simon greeted us.

"Bonjour" the class replied, very uninterestedly.

This was the first French class that I felt was boring. I mean, usually the class was interactive so it would help in keeping us awake. Today? She started explaining some stupid tense in grammar.

Do you wanna grab coffee after class?? XO

Colton wrote and slid the paper onto my side of the table.

A smile spread across my face as soon as I read the words.

Sure.xoxo

I wrote and gave the paper back. I checked my watch, only 5 minutes more.

My boyfriend put his arm on the back of my chair and leaned close to me.

"I love you"he whispered in my ear.

"I love you" I whispered back as the butterflies made their way into my stomach.

The bell rang, signalling the end of class.

"Hi beautiful," Colton said, smiling and sending my heart into overdrive.

Even though we were sitting next to each other the entire time, I replied saying,"Hi handsome" and obviously my cheeks were red.

"Let's get out of here." he said, and took my hand in his.

We walked out of class and went to my locker first. I put all the books that I wouldn't need at home in the locker and then closed it. After Colton was done putting away his books, we walked hand in hand towards his Merc.

"Are you gonna do this everytime?" I asked him, laughing as he opened the door for me to get in.

"Every single time princess...do you have a problem with that?" he asked playfully and then planted a firm kiss on my lips.

He started driving to the café near my house. What's your status? That's the best place in town.

When we got inside, Colton led me to a table that was near the window. He took a seat beside me and then waved out to the waiter.

"What can I get for y'all?" the waiter, Daniel- that's what his name tag said- asked us.

"I'll have a latté please." I said and Colton asked for the same.

"I love you, you know that, don't you?" he asked me suddenly.

"Yeah...and I love you." I said with a smile and leaned up to give him a kiss.

Daniel brought our lattés and asked us if we wanted anything else. We shook our heads and he left us to go attend another customer.

Colton was staring off into space with a weird look in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked him softly.

"Huh? Nothing." he said and put his arm around my shoulders.

"You know that's not gonna work on me. Tell me, what's bothering you?"

"You."

"What?" I said, confused.

"The thought of someone hurting you. I can't stand it." he said and I melted.

"Nothing's gonna happen to me. I'll be okay." I said and laid my head on his chest.

"I won't let anything happen to you." he said.

"I know." I said.

After we were done with our drinks, Colton paid for them and then he drove to my house.

Jake was at work so the house was locked.

"You want me to stay with you till Jake returns?" my boyfriend asked me as I unlocked the door.

"Didn't you say you had something to do?" I asked him.

"Well..." he started, checking his phone for the time. "I have to go pick up Sierra from her friends' place"

"Then you should go." I told him and went on my tip toes to kiss him.

"I'll come back as soon as I can. Ok?"

"Okay" I smiled up at him.

"Be careful, princess." he said, planted a kiss on my forehead and walked out. I felt my heart swell at his concern.

I closed the door and went up to my room. I decided to get some homework done because after Colton comes back, I know I won't touch my books.

After I was done with Trigonometry, I decided to go have a snack. It had been about 25 minutes since Colton left so he should be back anytime now. After making myself a sandwich, I decided to watch some TV. As I walked past the door, I saw that I hadn't locked it. Jake is gonna be so pissed if he comes to know.

Quickly I put my sandwich on the table and went to lock the door. Just as I was about to lock it, there was a knock. Thinking it was Colton, I opened the door.

I froze when I saw the person standing there. I tried closing the door but he stopped me by putting his foot in between.

Why does it have to be this way?

Why does he always have to show up when I'm alone?

What am I gonna do now?

*************************

Let me know your thoughts about this chapter.