Chapter 3

************

Lexi's POV

"We need to talk."

I turned around and came face to face with Ryan.

"Hey.." I said as I wrapped my arms around his waist. He just gave me an awkward one arm hug and removed his arm immediately.

"We need to talk." he repeated.

"Okay..." I said slowly

"Let's get out of here." he took my hand and started walking away from my locker.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Out."

That's it. Awesome answer right? Note the sarcasm. We got into his car and then out of the school gates. He drove for about 10 minutes and I think for the first time the drive was silent. And it was awkward not comfortable silence.

He stopped in front of the park where we had our first date. Also the same place where he had asked me to be his girlfriend.

He got out of the car and started walking towards the park. I followed him till we reached the isolated part where we always hung out.

"Ryan, is everything alright?" I asked him after sometime.

"How much do you trust me?"

"What kind of a question is that?!" I stared at him incredulously.

"I have to tell you something Lex." he said slowly.

"Okay..what is it?"

He took a deep breath and ran his hand through his hair before saying,

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry Lexi,"

"Ryan, baby, what's wrong?" I stepped forward and put my hand on his arm.

"I - I slept with her." he said and my insides froze.

"You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking."

"I'm sorry Lex but I can't"

I removed my hand and staggered backwards. Tears started rolling down my cheeks.

"Who?"I choked out. I had a strong feeling of who it was but I wanted to hear it from him. I needed to hear him say it.

"Jenna"

That's it. That's all I had to hear. I broke into hysterics. I sunk to the ground with my face buried in my hands.

As most of you must have guessed, Jenna is the one girl that always had a problem with me dating Ryan. And I bet she did this on purpose. Even before she was the reason for our petty fights and arguments. I really should have seen this coming.

"Lexi, I'm so sorry, so sorry...." he came close to me continuously apologising.

"Don't. Just..... don't." I said, my voice breaking on the last word. I got up and started walking away.

"Lex! Lexi!? Wait.." he called after me.

"What?" I half yelled.

"Where are you going?"

"Home." I said and started walking again.

"I'll drive you." he offered.

"What do you expect me to do huh?! I should've known this was coming. When you didn't answer any of my calls or reply to even a single text that I sent, when you didn't come to see me when I needed you the most! I should've known. I was stupid! I was a fool for not seeing the signs. And now you expect me to get into that car with you?!We're done!" I yelled through my tears that were now getting mixed with the rain that was pouring down.

He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

"I don't need you to-no I don't want you to do anything for me now"

I said in a calm voice.

"Lexi...please just let me drive you home. It's pouring, you'll get sick."he said softly.

"Why do you care? You should go, go...be with your girlfriend. I'll be fine on my own."

"Of course I care -" he started.

"No, you don't."

He let out a sigh." I'll drop you off at your place."

I tried wiping the tears but they just kept falling. I was feeling drained out and exhausted so I gave in.

You could use a knife and cut through the tension in the atmosphere of the car during the drove to my house.

"Lex, I told you I'm sorry, I really am." he was the one to break the silence.

"Can you just....stay silent." he didn't realise that he was just making it harder for me by apologising again and again.

He stopped in front of my house and I was about to get out of the car when he said,

"You should call somebody."

"I'll text Jake or Crystal and let them know."I said in a serious tone.

With that I got out of the car and walked to the front door. It was a good thing I carried my keys today.

As the tears started rolling down my cheeks again I opens the door and went inside. I closed the door without looking back and then texted Jake saying that I went home because I was not feeling that well.

I didn't bother locking the door. I left my bag on the floor and ran up to my room. As soon as I entered it, I sunk to the ground and started crying.

"Lexi?" I heard Jake call out.

Why did he have to come home...

" Lexi,are you okay?" his voice was much closer now. He knocked on my door once, then twice. So I wiped my tears and tried to look like I was not crying but I'm sure I failed miserably.

I got up and turned to open the door but,

"Lexi, what's wrong? Are you alright?" he asked before opening the door and coming inside.

"Hey" I said trying to sound a little enthusiastic.

"Why didn't you open the door?" he asked in a loud but concerned voice.

"Uh.. I ..I was in the washroom." I said in a small voice

"Lexi, you know you can't fool me. Are you okay? Why did you come home?"

I turned away from him because I knew I wouldn't be able to lie upto his face.

"I had a headache."

"I know you didn't. Lex-" he said as he came and stood in front of me.

"Hey, hey why are you crying?"

I just shook my head as the tears that I was holding in started flowing.

"Hey, if it's a headache I'm sure it will go away." Jake said, wiping the stubborn tears from my face.

"Lexi, are you alright?" he asked me once again.

"It's Ryan..." I said finally " We broke up..."

"Oh Lex..." he moved forward and gave me a hug. His action made me cry harder. He took me over to my bed and sat with me as I soaked his t- shirt with my tears. All the time he just sat there without saying a word.

It was times like these when I needed my mom the most. It was her I used to go to when I used to fight with Ryan. But now, there's no one who would understand. Not even Jake.

******