Chapter 26

~Lefou POV~

I wish I could've defended Maurice and his daughter, (Y/N). Both have always been kind to me, even knowing that I'm always around Gaston. One helped with directions and the other with fixing my things.

I wish I was stronger.

I wish I was brave enough to stand up to Gaston.

I wish I was better.

I feel it's my fault for not defending the inventor and his kin and now, here we are, in front of the terrifying castle. I could hear nothing but the mad chanting of 'Kill the beasts!', 'Burn them out!', 'Stop them before they hurt us!' from the villagers.

Maurice was right about another thing: The falling snow is truly beautiful. I'm surprised it was snowing here but while it is enchanting, it makes the castle more ominous to me.

I rode behind Gaston as he shifted to the side, letting a group of men carrying a large log through. They all went to the castle doors and heaved the log back and forward while chanting,

'KILL THE BEASTS!!'

After a few hits, the doors open suddenly and the men fall into the main room. I hop off my horse and stand close to Gaston with slight fear. The candles were dimming and illuminated multiple household objects that feel like they don't belong in front of the doors, especially that expensive-looking porcelain teapot.

I put my torch near it but not too close to look at its features. It looked absolutely beautiful, as well as the tea cup beside it. For some reason, the gold detailing made the teapot have a strange face. Say, didn't Maurice mention a talking teacup and teapot?

I chuckle and ask the teapot, "You must be the talking teacup's grandmother!"

I nearly faint when the teapot's eyes open and shouts, "GRANDMOTHER??! NOW!!"

~(Y/N) POV~

Riding back to my old home felt more far away as every second passed. Tree after tree after tree, I began to get a little dizzy. Still, I rode on, desperate to save my loved ones.

Phillipe jumped over a fallen tree, making me almost fall off. That was a sign that I'm almost there, I smile and urge my horse more. In the distance, I could hear shattering glass, panicked screams and fast footsteps.

I slow Phillipe down and see the townspeople running away from the castle. I smile at the sight, knowing that they won't hurt any of my dear friends. I jab my heel into Phillipe and he takes off towards the chaotic scene.

As we pass the first bush trail, I look up and see Hoseok, Namjoon and Yoongi in the destroyed room. Did they ever leave when I did?

I shout, "Namjoon! Yoongi! Hoseok!"

They look down and see me, a hopeful smile rising to their faces. Hoseok beckons the others over and they shout my name with joy. My vision had shifted to something moving beside them. I recognize the person and point in fear.

I shout, "Behind you!"

Namjoon and Seokjin get pushed off by Gaston, Hoseok was wrestling with another man from town and Yoongi & Jimin were dodging the other men's punches. Taehyung and Jungkook were swooping down and pulling people off of the others, giving them a fright but setting them on the ground beside me.