Chapter 25

~(Y/N) POV~

It felt like time was going by so fast yet so slow. The coldness of the cursed winter wind of the estate covered my face, making my nose and cheeks feel frozen like the snow falling onto me. Phillipe was panting hard as he ran, his coarse hair whipping my face a few times. Thankfully, no forest predators followed after us so we had no delay.

The waxing moon led me through the dark forest, the now warm wind making the leaves dance. A few dead logs fell and Phillipe remembered to jump, frightening me slightly as I couldn't post as well as on a saddle. It hurt me but I'll be alright, Father is the only person keeping me going.

We finally escape the forest and into the grassland that surrounded my village. While there was no light on the outside, all I could see other than the houses was orange and yellow fire. I urged Phillipe more, desperate to get to Father and hopefully convince the others not to hurt him.

We arrive to the growing hill of the entrance, the stone squares making Phillipe's presence known. As we came around the corner, nearly all of the villagers were yelling and holding blazing torches. Phillipe let out a loud whinny, alerting everyone nearby to step away.

I hop off of my tired horse and rush to the carriage that held my panicking father. I try to open the doors but fail.

I yell out, "Get him out, now!"

Gaston, the head of the crowd, walks up to me with a baffled smile. He says, "(Y/N), you're mistaken! Your father is ill, he's spewing things about monsters and a hidden castle in the winter when it is June!"

I reply, "He isn't wrong, Gaston! I've come from there!"

I act quickly and pull out the mirror from my bag. I ask, "Show me the beasts!"

The mirror was glowing green once again, the lime green sparks making me close my eyes. All of the men I came to love dearly had shown up individually as I showed Gaston and the close villagers, their horrified screams echoing.

I say, "Please, don't be frightened! They mean no harm! They are all very kind and gentle. They're my friends and they can be yours as well if you think this through!"

Gaston roughly grabs the mirror and I panic, not wanting him to break the thing that means dearly to me. He inspects it and wears an expression of pure disgust as he gazes into the reflection.

He retorts, "They are horrid beasts nonetheless! Look at their fangs! Look at their eyes! Look at their claws! Why, they'd tear through your skin so easily, they'd go after the children and your wives!"

I yelled out to the villagers, "No, they wouldn't! Please believe me! Yes, they do look terrifying but they have never harmed a mere robin! They would never do such a horrid thing!"

Gaston looks at me with a dirty look, "You speak so fondly of the beasts, why I'd say you even love the monsters, don't you?!"

I point my finger to him, "They are not monsters! You are the only monster here to ever exist, you bastard!"

Gaston has never looked more enraged but I didn't back down. I tried to move away but he grabs my forearm roughly and into the carriage with my father. I hit the wooden floor harshly and hurry to the bar windows to see Gaston on his black horse with the mirror in hand.

He had caused the riot to chant, 'Kill the Beasts!!' My fear had risen as they took off to the direction of the woods. I turn to Father and hug him tightly, tears cascading down my face.

"(Y/N), my dear! I thought I'd never see you again! How did you even escape that..that prison?!", said Father.

I reply, "Father, I didn't escape. I was allowed to leave. They let me go to save you. I wish I would've known sooner."

"Oh, dear, don't say that. You're here now. But I still don't approve on how you defended those monsters. I mean they-"

I then pull out my rose rattle from my bag, which surprisingly Gaston didn't take but I'm not complaining. I hold it in front of Father and he immediately goes speechless. He gently grabs it and wipes the dust off the red petals. A tear fell down his cheek, making me wipe it away.

He asks, "How did you get this?"

I reply, "One of them took me to the attic. He took me there, Father."

He sighs and says, "I'm sorry for not telling you about the past."

I say, "I forgive you but now we must focus on the present. I need to get out so I can stop Gaston from hurting my friends!"

He ponders for a few seconds and snaps his fingers. He says, "I could unlock the lock from here."

He crawls over to the doors, reaching his arms through the small bars. He nods, letting me know he can easily reach. He pulls back to check his pockets for something.

He mutters, "I just need a.."

I pull out the pin in my hairpiece, showing it to Father with a proud smile. He grabs it and gives me a forehead kiss. I see him sticking his tongue out in concentration and hear a soft..

click

He slowly pushes open the doors, looking around for anyone guarding the carriage. He cocks his head out and I hop out and look around further. I held out my hand for Father to take and he takes it. He sets the lock back on the doors and he hugs me.

He says, "Be careful, (Y/N). I'll distract anyone left, now go!"

I hug him back and rush to Phillipe, who was tied to the post. He sees me and tugs on the reins, letting out a soft huff. I quickly untie the leather straps and hop onto his back. I grab the reins in both hands and urge him out of the village and to the castle once again.

Namjoon.
Seokjin.
Yoongi.
Hoseok.
Jimin.
Taehyung.
Jungkook.

Wait for me just a little more.