Chapter 22

~(Y/N) POV~

As I look up from the book, I could see all of the boys laying on each other and hugging. I quietly giggle at the sight and set the book on the bronze tea trolley. Chip was also asleep and Mrs. Potts laughed with me.

She says, "It's been so long since I've seen them together like this. All of them were close like brothers when they were younger. Always looking after each other and loving one another. It's a wonderful feeling to see this."

I smile at her words and stand up. I reply, "How long have they known each other?"

Mrs. Potts replies, "8 long years and they're a blessing to all of us. I'm sure you're growing quite fond of them, no?"

I smile softly at the cuddle pile and say, "Perhaps I am."

I then quietly walk out of the living room with Mrs. Potts following me. As I walk away, I ask her, "They are cursed, correct?"

She nods and I continue, "Then there must be some sort of a clock or timer that shall seal their fate if not broken."

Mrs. Potts then nods again and says, "I shall show you since the boys are asleep."

I then pick her up from the tea trolley and hold her up for her to direct me to the timer.

~

After going up the many flights of stairs, we arrived at a room I haven't seen before. I put Mrs. Potts in one arm as I use my other arm to push open the doors. As I walk in, there was a huge mess. Broken chairs and tables, curtains ripped to shreds and mirror shards on the floor.

As I look on, I see a few pieces of gray stone walls showing the outside. The white snow gently fell through the cracks and onto the rubble and floor. I could see the other towers in the castle. They also had cracks showing on the inside.

As I walk in, I look around to see an oil-painted picture of 7 men. I walk closer to it, seeing pieces of the canvas ripped off or torn. I use one hand to lift a piece of the painting and see...Namjoon?

He was human and showed a proud smile with dimples. His brownish blond hair was styled on his right, his brown eyes shining. I smiled and looked at the others. They all look so different like this was before the curse.

I turn away when I hear Mrs. Potts say, "Here it is."

I then see a glass covering over a beautiful red rose that was somehow standing on its own. I then set Mrs. Potts on the table and ask, "This is their timer?"

She nods and I say, "There must be a way to break the curse then. Do you know what it is?"

She then replies, "Now, now, (Y/N). That's not something for you to fret about. Come now, let us go back downstairs."

I sigh in slight frustration at her answer but pick her up and walk out of the destroyed room.

~

After I set Mrs. Potts onto her trolley, I went to the library to put Romeo and Juliet back when I see Namjoon reading a book at one of the brown, polished tables. I smile while walking in and ask, "What is it that you're reading, Joonie?"