Chapter 2

~(Y/N POV)~

My town wasn't fairly large so everything that was deemed "fun" was already boring to me. I've tried to make friends but no one seems to like me. I've tried being more girly but end up in a mess. I've even tried going on the adventures my father goes on but he always says, "It's too dangerous for you" and "I want you safe and at home."

I sigh in frustration but remember that my father cares deeply about me and feels guilt. Is it too selfish to want to be yourself and do what you want with or without your parents?

I tend to think yes, because of not consider what my father thinks. Then again, I want to do something exciting. Daring, mostly. The rush of adrenaline going through my body as I run, jump or look up upon it.

As I walk down the hill, I come across my neighbors, waving a 'hello' and 'good morning' to me and I repeat their actions. With living in the same secluded area full of people you know for about 20 years, you can predict a thing or two.

For example, Mr. John, a merchant, will wave at me and try to persuade me to buy something of his. I always deny it, saying I don't have much, which is true, but I have no desire of buying something I can't use for many occasions.

Another example is Ms. Maria will be carrying her two children, Leon and Jackson, to her home and the boys will begin to play fighting in the front yard.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I have a stable home, food and water, and my own bed. I just want more. Every morning is the same since the morning that we came. I want, no I need something new. But as I can tell, the same old routine will never change.

As if on cue, Mr. Potts waves at me and says, "Good morning, Y/N! I have come back from Daegu and I happen to have the most beautiful ring ever seen! Would you like to see it?"

I reply, "Good morning, Mr. Potts! I am happy you traveled back safely but I must journey to the food market for my father. I apologize!"

He nods and says, "I understand, my dear. Have a lovely day!"

"To you as well!", I reply back.

I walk on the sidewalk of the rocky road, passing the people that seemed to dislike me. I could care less but I felt a small pang of sadness hit me, as there is no one that genuinely wants to befriend me.

I arrive at the food market shortly and walk inside, smelling fresh baked bread and pastries. Even after many trips here, I can never get enough of the glorious scent. Mr. Lawrence stands behind his counter, waiting for another customer.

He sees me and greets me, "Good morning, dear Y/N! Come back so soon?"

I smiled and replied, "The brilliant smell always makes me come back, Mr. Lawrence."

He chuckles and says, "What'll it be today?"

"A fresh batch of bread and grape jam, please," I reply.

He nods and walks into the kitchen. Not a minute or less, he comes back with a steaming batch of bread and a glass jar of jam.

I smiled and pay him for the goods. I set them in my basket and wave goodbye. He waves back, smiling. I close the bakery door and began to think.