Chapter 18

~(Y/N) POV~

As our lips came closer, our hearts beat fast, almost matching. I quickly looked at his lips and leaned in, feeling only rough yet gentle. My hand grips his hard bicep and I tilt my head to the right, deepening the kiss.

I swear I could feel a fire in my stomach, making my head spin and my heart race. Jungkook pulled me closer to him but not over the barrier. His cold body was now warm like mine. I let out a sigh at his touch.

I couldn't get enough of this feeling. His hands were on my body, his lips pushing against mine, the rush of adrenaline going through both of us. Sadly, I have lungs so I pulled away to breathe. Wow, my heart is beating fast.

I look into Jungkook's, what was terrifying but now, beautiful and gentle orbs, and see his pupils dilating. It was like we were the only ones in the world. Just looking into each other's eyes with so much love and attraction.

I look away with a blush and giggle. I hear Jungkook's soft laugh beside me as his wings keep flapping. He flies over the barrier and stands beside me, resting his bat-like wings. I turn to look at the books and feel his presence behind me.

His arm reaches out on my right and pulls out a green-covered book. He holds it in his hand and whispered in my ear, "I highly recommend this story. Although the cover is bland, never-"

I join in, "Judge a book by its cover. Could you show me more that you recommend and we can talk about them?"

Jungkook smiles and says, "Anything for you, (Y/N)."

My cheeks turn pink at his words and I began to fidget with my fingers. Jungkook hands me the book and goes down the aisle, his eyes darting around the bookshelf. I smile and walk in the opposite direction, scouting out any particular colors, specifically purple, that would catch my eye.

I come across two purple books and smile when I see the titles in shiny gold. I continue to browse, picking a black and blue book and walking down the spiral stairs and to a rectangular table.

I hear flapping noises from above me so I look up to see Jungkook descending to my table. I laugh quietly when his wings paused and he stumbles slightly. He laughs nervously when he pulls back a chair and sets down 3 more multicolored books.

He says, "All of these take part in a series. It's about a young girl who is trained to fight the undead, of course, it is fictional, but the plot is truly incredible."

I smile and look at the cover. It shows a girl, about 13 or 14 years old, in a black and slightly tattered suit while wielding a grey and shining sword. That's inspirational.

I reply, "That's very interesting. May I read it, Jungkookie?"

Jungkook stands up as I do too, holding the first book in the series. He blushes and says, "Of course, you can. It is your library after all."

My eyes widen at the news.

This entire library is....mine??

I squealed loudly and run to him, tackling the poor demon in a hug. This day cannot get any better! I kissed handsome princes AND get my own library!

Jungkook chuckles and hugs me back, sighing constantly. We stay silent for a few moments and I pull away with a wide smile. He smiles back and sets his warm, grey hands in my warm, (S/T) hands.