Chapter 1

This story begins in Seoul, South Korea. Seoul was a small village at the time and contained a small population of 63 people.

Everything was earth-toned, browns and dark greens lingered. Rarely blues and pinks. Children in the streets were playing with a ball or running around, women doing laundry or paying for goods, men on horses or exiting the tavern.

An old man was traveling back home from his long journey, his hair like salt and pepper, his clothes slightly dirty but presentable.

His horse leads him up to a house on a small hill, slightly farther from the next-door neighbor's house.

The front door opens to a young woman with (H/L) (H/C) hair in a messy ponytail/pin-up. Her bright (E/C) eyes shine in the sunlight, her (S/C) looking a little lighter than usual.

She was wearing a baby blue dress with an apron on it. Her name is (Y/N) (L/N).

As she looked out from the door, she smiles as her father comes into view. She excitingly slips her shoes on and runs out to welcome him back.

"Welcome back, father!" She smiles brightly and hugs the elderly man.

"Hello to you, (Y/N)!" He chuckles and hugs back.

"How was your trip? Was it exciting? Did you see any kings or queens? What about-"

"Calm down sweetheart!" He laughs. "Help me set Philippe into the stable and I'll tell you ALL about it."

Y/N doesn't hesitate and hurries Phillippe into the large stall. She smiles softly, pets his left cheek, and runs back into her house.

"Do tell me everything please."

She looks at her father with excitement in her bright (E/C) eyes. He lets out a small laugh and pats (Y/N)'s head.

"Well, as I told you before, I was selling those utensils at the market in Daegu. I was barely noticed but I had managed to get 15,673 won out of it."

(Y/N) replies, "That's great, father! You're making a lot of progress!"

Her father smiled slightly but it ffaltered "Yes but sadly I had lost a wheel so I spent 11,326 won to have a new one.."

(Y/N) looks gloomy for a split second but says, "That's alright, father. You still had success at the market." She smiles softly.

(Y/N) wanted a rose for her 21st birthday but the specific flower was rare at the time and cost 20,000 won. She was still proud and happy for her father.

Her father looks at (Y/N) and says, "Yes... (Y/N), would you mind running down to the food market? It seems we need more bread and jam."

"Of course not, father," (Y/N) replies. Her father gives her the remaining money and she grabs her basket and turns around with a soft smile.

"I won't be gone long!"