Chapter 6

~(Y/N) POV~

As Phillipe rode through the dark forest, we came to a stop at a very menacing castle.

How have I not seen this before?? It's practically too large not to see from such a distance! 

As I kept staring, Phillipe started whinnying in distress so I calm him and bring him through the gates. Even without the gates, it's terrifying. 

No. I can't be scared, I've got to find Father and get out.

As I tie Phillipe to a tree, I grip my cloak tighter to my body. It randomly got cold. I walk up to the tall and intimidating doors and push them open. There is little to absolutely no light and I was beginning to reconsider my options but I venture through.

"Hello?? Is anyone here?", I ask, hoping to get a response but also not wanting to. I walk down a very long and dark hall when I see light. A slight flicker.

"Hello?", I ask again but it disappears going up.

"W-wait! Please wait! I'm looking for my father!"

My walk becomes a run as I hurry up the stairs. As I seem to reach the top, I only see a beautifully sculpted candlestick in one of the holders.

But I've no time to admire. But I was very confused. I voice out my thoughts and say, "That's..strange. I was sure I saw someone come up... Is there anybody here?"

I wait for a few seconds then hear a timid "hello?".

It came from that door! "Father!" 

I rush towards the bars to see Father looking grey and almost corpse-like.

Father asks, "(Y/N), h-how did you find me?" I grip his hands, feeling so bitterly cold.

I say, "Your hands are like ice... I'm getting you out of here!"

"No, (Y/N)! You must leave!"

I retort back with, "I won't leave you behind!!" 

I then feel my cloak being jerked back by so much strength, it made my head woozy.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??!", I hear many voices yell out.

Father yells out in fear, "RUN, (Y/N)!!"

There is no light except a hole in the ceiling, shining the bright moon's beautiful glow. I grip my cloak out of fear but ask as bravely as I could, "Who's there?! Who are you people?!!"

"We are the masters of this castle", I hear a voice say.

The voice sounded very angry but somehow happy in a way. Like he couldn't hide his actual voice and tried to sound scary. I look at where the voice was but see seven pairs of glowing eyes.

I then say with fear and desperation clearly in my voice, "Please, you have to let my father go! Can't you see he's sick?!"

Another voice came out, deeper and angrier than the first voice, "THEN HE SHOULDN'T HAVE TRESPASSED HERE!!"