Chapter 24: Seokjin

~Seokjin POV~

While (Y/N) volunteered to make dinner, I was conversing with Mrs. Potts on how I should ask (Y/N) to a dance. I was holding her favorite flower that I found, for some reason, in Taehyung's room when I was waking him up. I was so afraid to perhaps scratch or break the petals or stem of the flower, it kept slipping.

Although, I've danced with many princesses and queens, (Y/N) was no meager princess. She is a goddess, a smile in a crowd of frowns. She was so much more than a peasant girl.

"I don't know what to do! My heart has never raced this fast before! My palms have never been so sweaty! This has never happened with the royalty I've met and I'm panicking-"

Mrs. Potts whisper-shouts, "Jin, love! You have to be more quiet or she'll hear you! Now, don't panic, dear! I'm sure (Y/N) is not the type of girl to make fun of you as she is kindhearted. Where's the confident Kim SeokJin? Because if you don't ask her, you'll be regretting this every second!"

I knew better than to defy Mrs. Potts so I let out a shaky breath but inhaled smoothly. I nod to her and turned to enter the kitchen. My heart then skips a beat as I see (Y/N) with her hair up, patches of flour on her face and apron, and her eyes were on me.

I let out a nervous laugh and say, "I would give you a flower but it seems as you have enough."

That was absolutely horrible.

As soon as the words left my mouth, I was already regretting trying to ask her. But all of my doubts and worries left the room as her adorable laugh filled the large kitchen.

I feel my lips stretch as I smile at her laugh, hearing it for the first time. It was different from many persistent princesses as they would laugh with high pitches annoyingly and do it so much, it's engraved in my memory.

Hers was natural and loud and it looked like it never fit her face but my heart skipped a beat as it filled my ears, now engraved into my memory and replacing the annoying laughs. It is now my goal to make her laugh like that for as long as I can.

She then dusts her hands off and says, "I'm sorry that my laugh is so strange. It's been a while since I laughed like that."

I quickly say, "No, no! I like it!"

A blush rushes to my cheeks as my words slip out before I could process them. I figured there's no way out now so I continue while scratching the back of my neck, "It..it suits you.."

(Y/N) gives me one of her beautiful smiles and I swear she was an angel sent from the heavens. I smile with only love in my eyes and I walk up to her, pushing the flower in my hand in front of her.

I hear her soft gasp and see her wide (E/C) eyes. I smiled softly at her reaction and said, "I saw this and thought of you. Soft, radiant and..so beautiful.."

Her cheeks turn red at my compliments and my confidence came back to me.
She gracefully takes it out of my hand to inspect it closer. I then say, "(Y/N), would you give me permission to ask you for a dance in 3 hours time?"

Her eyes grew a little wider as she looked up at me and the blush on her grew darker. The embarrassment in me was growing by the second and I almost said 'As a friend/companion!', but thankfully, she answered, "I would love to, Jinnie, but I don't have a nice dress, only my apron and blue, dirtied dress."