piggyback rides (requested)

"It's so pretty out here." You said as you swung Rosie's hand back and forth, and Lily started to do the same with her other as she watched you.

"Are you having fun?" You asked Lily, who just nodded excitedly and continued to take in all the sights as you walked through the park together on this beautiful day.

The birds were singing, the sun was shining, and you were over the moon with happiness. Rosé has been so busy over the last couple of days that you haven't been able to spend much time together.

But that all changed today, which is the first of her two days off. She has so many ideas of how you could spend it together, but this topped the list, especially since she promised Lily some ice cream afterward, which obviously excited the little girl.

"Are you okay?" Rosie asked as she noticed that you were starting to slow down.

You've been on your feet a lot today and they were starting to ache a little.

You were going to tell her everything was fine, but she didn't even let you get a word out. Because she knows you like the back of her hand and she could tell you were getting a little tired.

"I'm okay. Just been a busy couple of days and we've been on the go a lot today."

She stopped walking, causing both you and Lily to do the same and turn to gaze at her in confusion.

"Get on my back." She said as she knelt on the ground.

"Rosé-"

"Don't argue with me, baby. Get on my back."

You shook your head with a laugh but did as she said. You held onto her securely as she stood up and started to walk with one hand on you and the other still holding Lily's.

"I want one!" Lily said, looking excited just thinking about getting a piggyback ride from Rosé.

"Okay, tell you what. Let's let your mom have a minute to relax and rest as I carry her and then when we get a little closer to the car, I'll give you a piggyback ride. How's that sound?"

"Okay!" She said excitedly and started to skip down the path you were walking on.

You didn't let her out of your sight or let her get too far ahead, but you let her take in the fresh air and look at all the birds and animals as you walked through the park...

Or, as Rosie carried you through it.

"Thanks for this, baby." You said as you kissed her shoulder. "You really didn't have to."

"I know, but I wanted to." She said, giggling when you kissed her cheek a few times.

"I think someone else really wants a piggyback ride from you." You said, eyes on Lily who was staring at the both of you as you started to get closer to the end of the path.

"You're okay?" Rosie asked, refusing to bend down and let you off her back until she knew that you were genuinely feeling better.

"I'm better than okay. I'm feeling so much better now, all thanks to you."

She put you back on your feet and then turned around to steal a kiss from your lips, only for a little voice and a tug at her shorts to interrupt.

"My turn!"

"Okay, cutie." Rosie smiled and bent back down on the ground.

You helped Lily onto her back and you both made sure she was holding onto Rosé securely, as well as making sure that Rosé had a good grip on her, as well.

"Alright, here we go." Rosie smiled and walked a little faster with the small girl on her back.

Every giggle that she let out melted her heart. She was tempted to ask if she could circle the path again just to carry her around and hear that sweet little laugh some more.

Putting into words just how much both of you mean to her and how much she loves you both is nearly impossible. You've both turned her world around, making it better than she ever imagined it being.

As she walked, she glanced over at you to find you staring back at her or at Lily with starry eyes. She couldn't help but fall even more in love with you every time.

"I see the car."

"No," Lily whined.

"You're sad? What about ice cream?"

Lily gasped in excitement as she remembered Rosie's promise.

"Carry me later too?"

Rosé pretended to roll her eyes in annoyance, only to giggle happily.

As you made it to the car, she bent down and let Lily climb off before picking her up and helping her into the car with kisses across her face.

"Of course, I'll give you another piggyback ride later. Since you're just so cute." She teased and pinched her cheek gently before kissing her forehead.

She got into the driver's seat after buckling Lily in, looking in the rearview mirror at the little girl and over at you as her heart nearly burst from the love she has for you both.