tally (requested)

"Hi, honey!" Rosie grinned as she watched the doors of the school open and saw Lily running over to her. "I'm picking you up today because your mom had some work to do. Is that okay?"

Lily nodded her head excitedly before taking Rosie's hand as they made their way back to the car.

"How about some music for the drive home? Have you heard all of the new album yet?"

Lily shook her head and Rosie smiled at her in the mirror.

"Well, we're going to change that today. How about we start off with one of my favorites?"

Rosie turned on Tally and Lily was ecstatic to hear a song by her and the girls that she hasn't yet heard.

You've let her listen to the album as she pleases.

You usually don't have a problem with her listening to any of the girls' songs but you were hesitant to let her listen to tally for obvious reasons.

"I say fuck it when I feel it, 'cause no one's keeping tally. I do what I want with who I like." Rosie sang and Lily started to do the same as she memorized some of the lyrics.

The drive home was fun.

Rosie and Lily sang together, mostly listening to Tally as Lily absolutely adored the song.

And by the time they got home, Lily had the song stuck in her head.

She was humming along to it as they stepped into the house.

"Hi, baby!" You smiled as they walked inside.

You got up from the couch and closed your laptop before making your way over to your girls.

"How was your day?"

"Good!" Lily said.

"Sorry, I couldn't pick you up today. Did you have fun with Rosie though?"

"Yeah!" She happily spoke.

"Good."

You gave Rosé a kiss and put your arms around her neck.

"I was thinking we could order pizza for dinner. Does that sound alright?"

"Sounds perfect." Rosie smiled before pulling you in for a sweet kiss.

But it was ruined by the words that left your daughter's lips.

"I say fuck it when I feel it, 'cause no one's keeping tally, I do what I want with who I like."

You were absolutely shocked to hear that one curse word leave your daughter's lips.

You gazed at Rosé in shock as she pulled away from you, knowing she was in trouble.

"Rosie, you played tally for her on the way home?"

"She hadn't heard the whole album yet."

"For a reason!" You said. "If you wanted her to hear it that badly, you could've played the version where it wasn't explicit."

'I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. I'm used to singing the version where we say fuck a lot."

"Rosie!" You said as you covered Lily's ears.

Rosie put her hand over her mouth and stared at you with big eyes.

"Too late now, she already knows it." You grumbled as you pulled your hands away from Lily's ears.

"I'm sorry, baby. I wasn't thinking." She said as she pulled you into her arms. "Please don't be mad at me."

"I'm not." You sighed as she put her chin on your shoulder. "I just don't want her saying it, especially around other people."

"Lily, come here for a second."

Lily came over to Rosie's side right away.

"You can't say that word. It's very inappropriate."

"You say it."

"Because I'm an adult. It's okay to say when you're older. But when you're little, it's very bad."

"Oh." She said.

"Tell you what - you can say it when you're older like your mom and me. But for now, you can't swear, okay?"

"Okay. I won't say it again."

"Good." Rosie smiled and kissed her forehead. "Go play."

Lily left the room and headed upstairs to her bedroom, leaving you and Rosie alone.

"See? Problem solved."

"Hopefully. But if she says it again at school or something, you're taking the blame." You said before kissing her cheek.

Rosie threw her head back with a groan, knowing she'd probably made a huge mistake.

But she was happy that you weren't mad at her for it.

And she hoped that Lily would stay true to her word and never say those words again, for both of their sakes.