34-Confronting Dad

Blaine
March 11,2021 Wednesday

Dad was in a meeting last night so I didn't get to confront him. Madeline comes over every morning, I think my dad is trying to get us together.

Madeline walks in my room right now time with a smile. "Go away Madeline!" I yell as soon as she walks in.

"Oh come on. Your still grieving your relationship with little ms goody two shoes" she jokes.

I get up and scream in her face. "Listen call her that again and I'll sew your lips together" I threaten.

"This isn't healthy it's been 2 days. I seen you move on in 2 hours from a girl. What's so special about Arielle King?".

"She not you and that's enough for me" I replied. I can tell it hurt her even if she's trying to be strong.

"Your still mad about me sleeping with your dad?" She wines as she put her hand on my chest and I yanked it off. "You used to like it when I did that. Arielle turned you into a new person zone that I don't recognize."

"Yeah." I scoffs  "she turned me into someone better and I let you and dad ruin it. All needed to be happy was her but no I don't get to live a happy life ever."

"What about when you were with me? Your going to say you weren't happy".

I looked right in her eyes and said. "the best thing my dad did was sending you away" and I walked out slamming the door shut.

I walked into his office the smell of alcohol and cigarettes rings. He looks down at his paper and say "who ever is there I don't have time-" and he finally meets my eyes. "Son. What did I do this time?".

"I will do as you ask and date Madeline as long as you don't hurt Arielle".

He laughs and gets up from his chair and walks towards me until he's in front of me. "Great that you finally came to your senses. Arielle will not be harmed as long as you listen to me".

Arielle walks in she's angry she walks in front of my father pushing me out of the way. "Listen you could mess with me but leave my family out of this!".

He smirks. "I have no idea what your talking about".

I touch her arm and she turns to me like she didn't know I was here. "What are you talking about? I ask.

"Anthony was in car accident coming to pick me up from the hospital and your father did it" she yells at me.

She has every right to be angry I hope this doesn't anger him to do something worse "Sounds like faulty wiring to me" Elijah says.

I hold her back as she tries to go after him kicking her legs trying to get out of my hands. I lift her up above my head and walk her into my room. I was relieved when I found that my room was empty.

I sat her on the bed and rushed to lock my door."Listen if you go in there and start threatening him he will do something worse".

"There is nothing worse than my brother fighting for his life because your father decided his life was worth nothing".

I'm glad to see here like this not upset but in front of me and looking at me like she hasn't been these couple of months like she's disgusted to even be even in the same room.

She jumps into my arms and I wrap my hands around her as she cried into my arms. I'm not going to lie I missed this more than anything else. If my dad could stage an accident what more could he do? if I caused Arielle death I don't think I could live with myself.

I tried staying away from her but it doesn't seem like I can. I rather live in a world where I have to break up with Arielle then to think that caused her death.

She stops crying but doesn't pull away from me. She mumbles into my chest. "Why did you do it?".

"I wish there were something I could say to give you comfort. But the truth is I was cheating on you the whole time and I never loved you. It was all a lie, a joke" she pulls away from me before I could say more.

"Of course it was a game because you can't love unless it's yourself" and walks out and slams the door.

....And That was the end of us