XXXI. the feeling of guilt

*Rust's POV*

I blinked a bit while taking in the sunlight that slightly flashed my eyes. I sighed just slightly. It's been a while since I've talked to Albert. It felt a bit off to me—but maybe he is busy right now. I started to just convince myself it was just for the reason that we have been hanging out a lot and stuff...but it just feels weird and empty without him around...

I got up and lazily stepped down stairs going down to the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and went over to the kitchen to make something quick to eat. I took out my phone and realized that Albert answered me. I felt very bubbly and answered back quickly with a smile.

*Albert's POV*

I had woken up a while ago and sat bored on the couch scrolling through twitter then a small notification from Rust answering showed on my screen with a slight smile I answered and then our chat went back and forth.

I turned off my phone since I had been disturbed by my stomach rumbling and went over to the kitchen to get something to snack on. I decided to make a video afterwards and then probably go back to being bored afterwards.

I had finished my video and heard a message notification from my phone. I picked it up and checked who it was "trust". I unlocked my phone to check his message. He was still insisting on the whole ordeal with Rust and Lana...What if he was actually saying the truth? but—no no no nononono...Rust he wouldn't do that he wouldn't be capable of murdering someone surely...Right? right. I sighed I didn't respond back and left the room and went back downstairs to get food...delivery sounds good for today.

Soon after eating I finally texted Rust and we again continued back and forth. "Do you think I'm lying?" I read just above Rust's text...It took a bit of convincing but I answered "what's your proof?" I answered and went back to texting Rust although it was getting late I didn't want to sleep just yet especially since I was still waiting on Trust's response.

*Rust's POV*

It was getting really late and albert was still texting me I didn't know how to end the conversation and well I kinda didn't want it to I sighed and turned off my phone for a bit I looked up at the ceiling and slight flashbacks to what I did rushed back quickly I blinked tears away and looked back at my phone maybe this is why I don't like being alone...

The conversation soon came to an end when Albert said he was going to go to sleep so I turned off my phone and went downstairs to use the bathroom, leaving my phone on the bed.

I came back upstairs and grabbed my phone...a message—from Trust? That's odd I rarely get any texts from him anymore...It was just a hello so I responded back saying I was heading to bed and asked if it could wait for the morning and turned off my phone putting it on top of my drawer and headed to sleep.

*Albert's POV*

I woke up and yawned Trust never answered me back after that text and I was hoping it was for the best that he didn't I didn't want to get out of bed so I just sent my normal good morning text and went over to scrolling through instagram although I was still presumed dead by instagram. I sighed and finally got the willpower to get out of bed to get something to eat and go to the bathroom with my plan to go straight back to my room afterwards.

I hummed a slight tune as I walked over to the kitchen grabbing a few snacks and heading back upstairs. I threw my snacks on the bed and pushed them over to the side, getting on the bed and playing some soft music while eating my snacks and scrolling through socials and that stuff.

I was extremely bored and was about to stand up to start recording and then got a text from Trust.

*Rust's POV*

I whined on the couch with nothing in mind to do I was too lazy to touch up on the game I was making but I also didn't really have anything to do and albert texted me prior that he was going to make a video so I didn't want to bother I groaned and got up from couch and lazily walked over to my room hoping I could probably sleep it off or something.

I flopped on my bed and heard a vibration from my phone. I pulled it out from my pocket and it was a message from Trust again "we need to talk." It worried me a bit. What was the need for a period? Was he mad at me? What did I do? I answered with a plain "whatcha need?" and felt myself get more nervous and worried by the second. Minutes that passed felt like hours and it didn't make me feel better. I felt I was dying.

He told me to meet at his house but I didn't trust him. That's a bit ironic isn't it? That's what his name is and I don't trust him but that wasn't the point I didn't want to go near him whatsoever...I sighed and just decided on not responding.