XXXVI. Picking sides

CW| there's a lotta cursing

*Trusts POV*

I was out quite late today, I looked around the empty park, to my surprise Rust happened to be on a bench nearby, which was strange to me, he never was one to be outside. I'm sure he'd love a chat.

*Rusts POV*

It felt so nice to sit here in peace, but I had an uncomfortable feeling that I was being watched. I sighed looking back down and standing up. I should get going, it's pretty late anyway. "Hey Rust! Whatcha doing out here so late, quite surprised to be seeing you here." Trust spoke from behind me, how long has he been here? I turned and looked at him directly, "how long have you been watching me weirdo" I replied, he wasn't something I really wanted to see right now, "not everything is about you Rust, I didn't know you'd be here" He rolled his eyes. I groaned and started walking back to my place, I didn't want to deal with this right now, "Rust don't ignore me.", "I've actually been doing that this whole fucking week Trust!" I said sarcastically, "Rust if you think that I won't get Albert to find about what you did you are terribly wrong, I can destroy whatever thing your trying to with him so easily, so don't fucking act up on me." He said, "you don't fucking scare me Trust. Fuck off, get something to do stop bothering me, I've been out of your little shit schemes long ago, go fucking—I don't know do something productive" I said picking up my pace as I walked out of the park.

I finally got home, I sighed and crawled on the couch, I stared at the dark screen in front of me, I shut my eyes and frowned, I couldn't get away from it. I'm a horrible person, I can't escape what I did. I curled up and shut my eyes tighter, Trust is right about me, but I don't want to give him the superiority over me, not again.

*Albert's POV*

I woke up pretty early, I really needed to fix my sleep schedule...I ate something quick and was back in my room soon after. I wanted to continue being consistent with my videos, so I decided to make it now instead of waiting for later.

I haven't heard anything about Rust after last night, I sighed this all just feels so complicated. I looked at the last message from Rust I received, I sighed, whatever if he really wants to talk he'll just have to text me, I got my earphones and started listening to music and smiled.

I should probably buy groceries, I whined I didn't want to get up, but I don't want to go later, UGH. I sat up and put shoes on, it will be fast.

*Rusts POV*

I woke up on the couch, I sat up and took a moment before standing up. I felt horrible, will Albert talk to me again? I went to my room and laid on the bed, I looked at my phone looking at the time and frowned, maybe I should just text him.

It felt so empty when Albert wasn't around, I can't explain why, but I just feel so much better if he's there. So I gave in and texted him, I asked him if he was mad at me but he told me he wasn't, but something just didn't feel right about it.

*Albert's POV*

Trust had invited me over to his place again, I sighed and agreed and started heading to his place.

I had arrived and was quickly let in, "So? What did you need me for?" I asked looking at the man, "Albert I want to help you, I really do." He paused looking at me and sighed, I tilted my head awkwardly "Albert—Rust killed your girlfriend" He stated, I looked at him pissed off "that's not fucking cool. Don't joke around with that shit dude." I replied standing up, this was just a waste of my time. "If you don't believe me, check his laptop. there's a lot of things he keeps from you." He said looking at me with a smile, I rolled my eyes and left.

I went to Rust's house, I was going to get to the bottom of this. I'm tired of being in this endless loop, I want to know what happened that night and who's fucking lying.

*Rust's POV*

I heard a knock on my door, I sat up annoyed, Trust can't just give me a break can he. I went downstairs and opened the door, "Albert?!" I said surprised, "can I use your laptop?" He asked immediately, "why do you need it?" I asked, "Just—I have to check something it's urgent" He replied, I nodded "uh sure why not, I'll go get it" I said, I had to log out of roblox, quickly."okay thanks" He replied, I let him in and I went upstairs soon after.

I quickly deleted any search linking towards the account or anything related to 'Rust_010' and logged out. I sighed and shut down the computer and soon went back downstairs, "here" I smiled, "thanks" he replied and turned on the computer, he went on for a while and then turned it off, "thanks, uhm wanna hang out? Since I'm already here, you know?" He asked, I nodded and went back upstairs.

*Albert's POV*

I looked down at my shoes, this didn't feel right. I wasn't sure what I was looking for but I didn't really find anything, I don't know if I could trust either of them. Rust soon came down and I smiled, "So wanna play some games?" I asked, He nodded and smiled back "yeah! Let me get the controllers," he replied.

We were up all night fighting about racing games, it was fun, it's been a while since I've played with anyone, I've been playing with people online but it just doesn't feel the same in a way, but the point was that it was fun. I really enjoyed spending time with Rust, I looked at him and smiled, he made me feel really special.