27: A Romance Novel

Heinly felt sluggish. This time, he felt that things went differently but he didn't know how to describe it. He wasn't in the void anymore. The last thing he remembered was being consumed by light.

There was a faint noise from the outside. It sounded like a commotion. There were people talking in a rushed manner. People's blurred faces are seen, but Heinly couldn't guess who they were because of the bright lights surrounding him.

Am I being taken somewhere?

Heinly tried to ask himself but his senses were bleary and numb. There was also a loud ringing in his ears.

He felt like he was being transported somewhere but he felt tired from thinking and closed his eyes, losing consciousness.

---

Heinly woke up and found himself in a hospital bed.

The soft beats of a machine greeted him along with a nurse who had a surprised face. The nurse went closer to him to check whether or not Heinly was really opening his eyes and, when confirmed, they immediately went out to call a doctor.

"Can you follow the light with your eyes?" The doctor came with a small flashlight in hand and waved it in front of the weakened Heinly.

Heinly followed the light by moving his eyes from left to right. And when satisfied, the doctor released a relieved sigh and turned off the light.

"That's good. I thought for sure that you wouldn't be able to wake up as quickly. Normally, when people get into car accidents they enter a comatose state for months or even years.

But yours... You woke up a day after the surgery. It's incredible, really." The doctor smiled as he was relieved that Heinly didn't have to go through that experience. "But we should check for brain damage. We can never be too complacent."

And with that, the doctor left with the nurses leaving Heinly to lie in his bed.

...

What... Happened?

There was a lingering feeling in his heart. He tried to identify it, but the more he thought about it the more it faded.

As if...

Heinly tried to continue the thought, but struggled.

As if I had forgotten something important.

It was as if he had forgotten that he was reincarnated into another world. It was as if everyone he met was just a wistful dream. It was as if Dainslief was a stranger whom he couldn't remember...

Hans bit his lip.

No... There is still something.

Hans still remembered the warmth of someone important. Calling out to him, telling him not to forget.

Everything about how he met an important person and his life together spent in their house. About recollecting his past memories and trying to search for that person. About him getting kidnapped and finally reuniting with that person.

I may not be able to understand but...

Maybe the accident gave him a chance. A chance to fulfil his purpose. Maybe he was destined to look for pieces of himself so that he can search for that someone.

But to someone like Hans, it would sound childish.

Come on, this isn't some kind of Romance Novel.

And just like that, Heinly who had now been resurrected as Hans has completely forgotten about everything.

When I'm out of here I'll start by going back to my job.

---

3 months later.

Rrringg~

An obnoxious noise blared off from the phone.

Grunting, the man who had been woken up from his nap off his desk navigated towards his phone with his palm in annoyance.

damn it, I haven't even finished writing the manuscript. I'm tired.

The man turned off the loud alarm while cursing. He seemed tired from all the stress and pressure he's receiving from his publisher.

I swear, I'll make that asshole pay!

He huffed before stretching. Noticing that his room was so dark from the closed curtains and dirty from the trash that spoiled his room he sighed, turning towards the door of his bedroom.

Whatever, I might as well go outside and get coffee.

He immediately wore a dark tracksuit and headed outside, surprised by the sun that was seemingly glaring at him from above.

"No way, I slept this long? Is it noon?!"

He panicked slightly.

"Then... Was the alarm...?"

He checked his phone while his heart pounded like hammers. He unlocked his phone and saw a completely shocking sight.

12 missed calls from: Ms. Publisher (annoying)

3 missed calls from: Editor

He internally screamed. He tried to make a call back, almost slipping his phone in the process.

He held his phone tightly and gulped.

Rringgg-

"So you were alive after all, huh?" A dark voice filled with the silent fury of a woman rang from the phone.

"Yes... Ms. Ma'am..." The man nervously squeaked.

"You better get your ass back here in my office before you'll lose your head."

The man eeped, nodding his head furiously. "Yes, I will. Please forgive me!"

"Hmmp," The woman scoffed, but sighed in the end "you know. You're making me worried Dane. The readers are getting chaotic each day you won't publish a new chapter. We've told them that you were on a hiatus but they've grown impatient." The woman sighed once more. "I swear, these bitches might assassinate you or something if you don't do anything about this. Anyways, bye."

And with that the call ended.

The man, Daniel, sighed in defeat. "What a boss you are..." He said as he regretfully turned back to his apartment room to change.