28: Vanilla Milk Tea

Ever since he graduated from high school, Daniel had never found a job that could earn him a proper living. So he'd jump from one job to another, only to stay for one week and eventually get kicked out for his rueful and rude personality.

But that all changed when he started having weird dreams. Every night, he would have visions of a place he'd never seen, situations he'd never experience, and even meet people he never knew.

At first, he didn't mind it. But then, the dreams would continue as if it were a series. And from these dreams he would write stories about them and publish them online. And from that, he instantaneously gathered a ton of readers and was signed in a contract with one of the top leading publishing companies and was eventually asked by a game company to adapt some of his writings into a visual novel.

That was how he was able to write "My Lover is a Noble" under the pen name, Evangel. Even if the story was a bit trash because some of the dreams weren't accurately aligned with one another and Daniel had to improvise, it was still a hit amongst fans.

...Especially the Fujo-Danshis...

Though, he could admit that the whole 'Male lead-and-the-Male Villain-were-ex-lovers' was a bit of a queer bait.

He couldn't be entirely blamed since the dreams were getting a bit messy lately. Some parts were left with plot holes that needed innovation, and some plot details were out of the spectrum.

And lately...

As if it was a big lie, the dreams stopped showing all together 3 months ago. Which was why he postponed the new series he was working on. And now the crazy Fujo-Danshis were after his life.

He shivered at the thought of a hoard of crazy fans stampeding him. He let go of the thought and sighed. Looking away and staring outside the window of the train he was riding in.

There were alot people in the cable car he was in, he felt cramped. These people have probably finished their lunch break and are returning to work.

He took a sip of the vanilla milk tea he was holding as he noticed the train slowly stopping at the station and the doors opening as tons of people went out. Daniel squeezed in with many people to escape the hell and almost bumped into a man shorter than him.

"Ah- sorry..."

He went to apologise but the person probably didn't notice, probably because he was rushing, and slid past many people.

"Eh... That was weird."

He scratched the back of his head in worry.

But that person seemed familiar.

He couldn't recall but the person he bumped into seemed to remind him of someone.

Have I met him before?

He tried to scan into his memories but couldn't find anything. He eventually let go of the thought and continued walking towards his workshop. And he stiffened at the person who was outside his shop. It was his boss.

"Hey, I can see you, you know."

Magius, the publisher of 'My Lover is a Noble' was standing with her arms crossed and was vigorously tapping her heels, calling out to Daniel. Beside her, Liam the editor, was sweating buckets with a nervous face.

"Hi boss. How are you? It's so nice to meet you-"

Daniel tries to appease Magius but he is instead greeted by a fist in his stomach. "What's so nice about meeting here?! You're late for the appointment!"

Daniel crouched and groaned. He tried to ease the pain in his abdomen. "Boss..." He wheezes "This is abuse..."

But Magius scoffed, "Abuse my ass." She turned to walk towards the door. "You're abusing me and my time. Now get inside." she snapped.

Liam approached the groaning Daniel and offered to lift him up. "Are you okay Daniel?"

Daniel received the offer without hesitation and nodded. "Yeah, sure I'm used to it." He scowled at Magius's back.

The appointment today was supposed to be an interview that was postponed for 3 months ago. Apparently, the interviewee had an accident on the road so they couldn't get on with the interview.

It was also around the same time his dreams stopped. But Daniel didn't notice that. He sighed and entered the building.

When he entered the 2nd floor, there was already a person waiting in the entrance of the meeting room. Daniel was surprised because the person who bumped into him was on the train earlier today.

"Hello! We're so sorry for being late! One of our members, especially the writer, got caught up with something." Magius said in a polite manner, not forgetting to glare at Daniel.

"No, it's okay. I was also late. I couldn't keep track of time and ended up sleeping too long." The person said, laughing apologetically while bowing to Magius.

"No, don't worry. You're so humble. Unlike someone else..." Magius said while giving me a death glare.

Liam stepped up, trying to ease the tension. "Anyways, since we're all here, why don't we continue with the interview. We don't want to delay anything further right?"

Magius eyed Liam then scoffed. "Hmp. Whatever. Then, I'll leave everything to you Mr. Writer~" Magius said in a singsong manner while waving her hand and leaving.

Daniel was used to this attitude, he sighed and looked at the interviewee in an apologetic look. "Sorry you had to witness that."

"No it's okay. By the way, I'm Hans. I'll be interviewing you today Mr. Evangel. Thank you for having me." Hans bowed and smiled but there was something in his eyes that betrayed his warm smile.

Daniel looked at the person who was supposed to interview him and was totally taken aback.

He's cute...

Daniel subconsciously checked out Hans. He was wearing what a business man would wear, the normal white polo with a blazer paired with some black slacks. But something about this normal appearance made his heart beat abnormally.

He also looks familiar...

Was it the height? It was true that Daniel is a bit taller than Hans... Maybe it was his face? Hans had a smaller face and he wore glasses.

No. It was probably more than that.

It was his eyes. They were shining like stars. It was calling Daniel to do something. It was as if they had been separated for a long time and were now reuniting once more.

"Yes... I'll be in your... care..." Daniel says as he mutters his words, reaching his hands towards Hans.