25: Heinestus Part 3

It was the day of Dainslief's wedding.

Last week, Heinly received an invitation from the House Armitus informing his family about the occasion.

"The youngest son of House Armitus is getting married? To the commoner who was recently found out to be of noble origins?" His mother asked her husband.

"Apparently so..." his father gave a nonchalant reply.

His heart aches everytime he hears about it.

Heinly almost asked his parents to not include him in the wedding but he knew he couldn't because he's known to be Dainslief's closest friend.

I guess there's no avoiding it.

I've been deluding myself into thinking that Daichi will come back to me.

I was stupid to think that maybe he would be able to retrieve his past memories. I shouldn't have forced these kinds of thoughts anyways.

Dainsleif is just Dainsleif. Even if they have the same face, the same smile, he's still not Daichi. He's not the Daichi I loved.

Heinly sighed as he examined his outfit in the mirror. He's wearing a white suit with blue ornaments to match the theme. He thought about it for a while and it reminded him of how he and Daichi didn't have a proper wedding of their own.

And that thought made him sad once again.

---

When his family arrived at the event, the first thing that came to Henley's mind was how beautiful the indoor and outdoor decorations are.

The wedding was held in the central capital at the Cathedral, where the event could be seen by everyone. There were blue ornaments, flowers, streamers, even the tables and chairs are blue. And apparently, blue resembles faithful love.

Heinly scoffed at this. It reminded him of how Daichi used to like the color blue and it also reminded him of the blue scarf he made for Daichi in spring.

He reminisced for a while before being cut off by a warm hug from a taller male.

"Hey, Heinly, glad you could make it." Heinly rose his head and saw Dainslief's eyes, the same eyes as Daichi-

No...

He is not Daichi.

"Of course I came, how could I miss my best friend's wedding." Heinly smiled, pushing down the ugly feelings piling in his stomach.

He's not Daichi.

"Ah, I forgot to tell you. This will be my future wife." He turned his body towards a petite woman dressed in the most beautiful gown Heinly has ever seen.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Don Heinestus, I've heard alot about you from Dainslief, my name's Iris, Iris Clather" The woman smiled.

She was small, maybe a foot shorter than Dainsleif, her face showed a soft smile, her hair glowed with a rich brown color. Overall, she was beautiful, beautiful enough to match Dainslief.

Yeah... They suit each other more than we do...

Heinly smiled, "The pleasure is mine."

---

Heinly sat at the first row, a privilege given to those who are close with the wedded couple. And surprisingly he met Anastasia, the one who directed Heinly towards Dainsleif almost 6 years ago.

"How has it been, Doña Anastasia. It's been 6 years since I last spoke to you." Heinly politely greeted.

"Ah yes, you too, Don Heinestus." Anastasia greets back.