25 » desperate

"I wish time had a better timing for you and me."

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

As if it was a natural instinct, Sunghoon immediately got up, after he saw the number of missed calls I had received the early morning from Jaehyun.

I looked up at him spontaneously, he had a big frown etched over his flawless features as he made a quick dash for his room.

I stared back at the screen, scoffing softly afterwards. He must be feeling guilty of his actions now.

Once in the perimeter of his room, Sunghoon looked around for a sleek device, which he later found laying dead on his messy sheets, where he had last left it the pervious night. He immediately scrambled towards his phone, switching it on as fast as his fingers could dance over the screen to unlock it.

Anxiety started to eat him out raw, as he cursed at himself for the events of the very morning. How foolish was he to even commit something with someone who even wasn't his to start with? How could he strangle Areum in his sleep? She must have felt so uncomfortable.
The mere thought sent strange, unfamiliar pangs of emotions throughout his being.

Sunghoon groaned lightly at himself, before giving himself a small prep speech about how much more crucial and trivial matters he had in his hands right now.

He was worried if Jaehyun was in need of some sort of emergency. Too many calls from him was unusual, afterall he knew Jaehyun since high school.

The phone was picked up almost immediately, as a groggy morning voice of Seo Taehee reached Sunghoon's ears, "Hello?"

"Is Jaehyun alright? Is he at the hospital? Did he call you?" Sunghoon bombarded her with his unspoken worries he had confided within himself.

There was a long pause from the other side of the line before Taehee spoke up, "He's broken." She replied.

Sunghoon closed his eyes as he heard those words, a feeling of guilt starting to click inside his system. His heart began to palpitate inside his chest at an abnormally fast pace, an excess amount of sorrow filling up his insides.

"He called me at 3 in the morning. He was.." Taehee sucked in a breath before eventually sighing, "..crying." The voice crack was quite noticeable, but apparently the cause wasn't.

"Please take care of him." Words slipped out of Sunghoon's mouth in a flow before his brain could even process and approve. It wasn't a favour he was asking, it was a request.
"Please," He added, hating how desperate he sounded.

Taehee picked up the desperation, guilt and sorrow laced within his words, her own heart aching for Jaehyun. She was attached to the patient, and the way he cried his heart out yesterday, obviously drunk, and how he kept mumbling that he finally succeeded in his little plan, made her own self burst into fits of cries.

"I will." Taehee whispered. She couldn't talk to Sunghoon for long, she couldn't hold her emotions in for too long. Her heart wasn't aching for anyone, it was aching for herself. She pitied herself for not letting go of Sunghoon even after so long.

He probably didn't even care at this point. But still there she was, getting emotional drunk at the dusk for a man who never loved her to begin with. She sometimes even found herself cursing Areum, but she knew it wasn't the said girl's fault.

"I'll call you later, Sunghoon." She hung up. She couldn't bare listening to his broken voice without having her own heart crushed.

He was fragile, but so was she.

He closed his eyes, his other hand darting up to massage his throbbing forehead, his phone still pressed flat against the area of his ear. A slow, ragged breath freed itself from Sunghoon's caption, as he tossed his phone back on the bed carelessly.

Walking out, he looked around for Areum.

"Areum?" He walked upto the kitchen, finding it empty and lifeless as always. He knitted his eyebrows before softly knocking on the door of the bathroom, the pads of his fingers gliding against the sleek, polished oak wood.

"Areum? You in there?" His muffled voice reached my ears. I hastily grabbed some tissues, running them over the supple skin of my cheeks. My own lifeless eyes stared back at me through the reflection of the stainless mirror. I looked so tired, like I hadn't had sleep in years.

I fixed my hair strands gently, before reaching for the door and swinging it open.

Sunghoon retreated his hand back down, as apparently, he was going to place a few more knocks on the door. His gaze traveled over her features, he could clearly make out that she was crying again.

Her eyes that once were bright and full of life and happiness, one of the reasons his heart had fallen for her, were now boring into his own chocolate irises with nothing but pain and dullness. Like someone had sucked the life out of them.
His eyes then darted towards her phone, which was clutched tightly in her hand.

Jaehyun's wallpaper.

"You don't have to hide." Sunghoon spoke softly, his hand raising itself to her face unconsciously. He ran his fingers below the dibs of her eyes, wiping the already dried tears.

Those words hit me right at the feels, as I could feel my eyes brim once again. Sunghoon smiled when I nodded, letting him wipe away my fresh tears.

⤜ ⬪ ⋄ ⬪ ⤛

"Let's go somewhere," Sunghoon spoke up after swallowing a bite of his pancakes, "I need you to be distracted from all your thoughts."

I looked up at him momentarily, soaking in the words that he had darted up at me. I thought he wasn't serious about actually wasting his time and helping me out, but I could see the genuine concern and sincerity mixed in the swirls of his brown orbs.
"You don't have to—"

"Is there any particular place you want to go to?" He cut me off, smiling at me.

I sighed in defeat, knowing there was no going against him, "Nothing in particular." I shrugged. He locked his gaze with mine, chewing on his breakfast. He seemed to be in a deep thought. He always looked like he was in a deep thought.

"Get ready. We're leaving at 11." He announced before getting up and walking across the kitchen counter, placing his dish in the sink.

"Where?" I asked, following him shortly after.

Sunghoon was about to leave the kitchen, but he halted in his steps as those words renounced themselves in his ear. He turned around to look at me, before his face broke into a silly grin.

"Somewhere."

• • • • •
A/N: I'm sorry if the current few chapters were a bit boring, but they are necessary for the story to get onto the main part! (: