13 » premature enemies

"I miss you in ways that not even words can understand."

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

"So, you are Park Sunghoon," Heeseung raised his eyebrows in amusement, his fingers interlocked as he rested his elbows on the coffee table, "I've heard quite a lot about you, and let me say, you seem to match the description." He stifled a laugh while Sunghoon restrained himself from rolling his eyes.

He hated this man already.

"Heeseung," I called out at the laughing man, which made him stop at once at my serious tone, "The real job," I calmly added, "Don't forget what you're here for."

Heeseung deeply inhaled before he eventually nodded, fishing for a document paper inside his zipper black leather bag. He pressed the white sheet of paper on the table, sliding it towards us with a flick of his index finger.

I immediately picked up the paper, scrutinizing the text printed on it with raised eyebrows. Sunghoon leaned in over my shoulder to have a look as well, his expression unreadable.

Heeseung chuckled, making us snap our gaze onto him, "It says that from today itself, I'll be tracking Wu Jaehyun's activities, which I have full permission of by his girlfriend, Byun Areum. This isn't allowed but since you're an acquaintance, I'll give you a cheap pass through."

"It's all illegal shit," Suah spoke up, "What's the use of making these 'blahblah' documents?" She said, her eyebrows furrowed as she tapped the paper in my hand with her thumb.

"Formality." Heeseung slyly grinned as he accepted the paper I returned to him, "I'll keep texting you the whereabouts from time to time. Now, I shall take my leave." He said before slipping the paper back into the bag, zipping it up.

"Also Areum," He spoke up as he got up, "If you need anything then you have my number." He winked before taking his cue out of the restaurant.

"That bitch got attitude," Suah hissed under her breath, "Definitely my type." She mumbled and before we could even comprehend what she said, she scurried off to the kitchen.

⤜ ⬪ ⋄ ⬪ ⤛

Heeseung:
He has boarded to Daegu. Alone.

Heeseung:
[file attachment]

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at a picture Heeseung had attached. It indeed was Jaehyun.

"What happened?" Sunghoon's voice snapped me back to earth, as I looked up to meet his gaze. He had noticed me suddenly halt in my steps, making him mimic the action, his face etched with worry as he noticed my gloomy state.

"He boarded to Daegu, right now." I said as I caught upto him, glancing at the grocery list that was clutched in his right hand, other hand carrying a shopping cart.

Sunghoon fell silent, a long, exaggerated sigh escaping his mouth as he looked through the variety of cereals through the racks.

Previously, Sunghoon had informed us about the need of refilling his kitchen. I wanted to pay him back as much I could, because what he was doing for me was something really precious, something I couldn't pay back easily.

So that explains why I had tagged along for grocery shopping with Park Sunghoon, even though I wasn't really a fan of it.

Sunghoon picked up a carton of cornflakes, tossing it into the small basket, "I'll bring the milk," I said as I motioned towards the cashier. He nodded, making his way towards the long queue in front of the cashier.

With milk being the last thing on the grocery list, I headed out towards the dairy section of the store, skimming my eyes over the variety of milks they gave out these days. Different types, different brands.

"Full cream.." I muttered under my breath as I read the types written over the milk cartons and pouches. Finally spotting the exact can I was looking for, I reached out for it.

My fingers fiddled with it as I tip-toed to get it from the uppermost rack. Flicking my index finger over the can, I pushed it forwards, flinching when it almost fell down on the ground.

Before the can could make its great fall, a large hand wrapped itself around the milk carton, grabbing it and tossing it into the basket.

Sunghoon flicked my head lightly, "Shorty," He teased playfully, earning a defensive scowl from me at the new pet name, "I knew something was up or else who takes so much time to grab a milk carton?" He grinned, leading me towards the cashier.

Choosing not to say anything out of embarrassment, I stayed quiet. But instead taking my silence as a wrong call, Sunghoon looked back at me, "Hey, if it's about Jaehyun what's bothering you, then you need to know that it's going to be alright," He said softly.

"Don't let this all get to you." He smiled, a smile which didn't quite reach his eyes. A smile he had put up to cover his boards of sadness for her.

Feeling a wave of emotions swirl through me, I nodded quickly, a smile subconsciously making its way on my face. My heart started to beat faster than it had ever been around this man as he genuinely smiled back at me, his eyes fluttering shut into a thin line as a set of pearly white teeth came into display.

The smile was too familiar to me, but the situation too new for me to grasp. But I liked it. I was starting to like it.

• • • • •
A/N: Man, she falls in love so easily (she just like me fr)