11 » teach her

"I still search for you in every sunrise."

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

⋆ • ⊱◦ ☾✩☽ ◦⊰ • ⋆

"What are you going to do for the week? Your mom thinks you are in Seoul and your girlfriend thinks you are in Daegu." Ms. Seo Taehee crossed her hands as she stared at the man in front of her.

"It's getting worse, Jaehyun." She said softly, outstretching her hand to keep it warmly onto Jaehyun's cold one. He immediately looked at the skin contact, withdrawing his hand. "Stop this and tell her everythi—"

"She saw. I bet she saw us." Jaehyun said as he watched Taehee withdraw her hand back awkwardly. "If she saw us then it shouldn't take her a lot of time to ring me up and end everything."

"Exactly," Taehee sighed, massaging her head slightly as it ached looking at the will power of the stubborn man, "If she saw us, she would've given you a call by now, Jaehyun."

Jaehyun kept quiet, as he looked for answers around himself. His mind was in a hazy maze, it felt like he was doing what his gut was telling him, his mind or heart had no say in this all.

He watched as a black spider slid down from a fresh green leaf from a clump of ferns as the sun shone brightly over after the heavy early morning downpour.
He closed his eyes, not wanting to watch the ugly creature make its web.

He couldn't understand why Areum hadn't ended their relationship yet. He made sure he was in view, did she not see him?

"She did not see us perhaps."

Jaehyun again ignored her words, making Taehee feel neglected somewhere down. She didn't complain though. She knew better.

The new formed spider web shone shades of bright green and yellow, taking in the colour of the yellow flowers and green bushes behind it as the tree above blessed it with tiny droplets of fresh water. The water filling in the gaps of the patterned web, it almost resembled a beautiful silk cloth.

He sometimes wondered how could such a ugly creature attract so many beautiful butterflies. Was it his skills that attracted him or were the butterflies simply dumb to mistake the trap as a bloomed flower?

"She saw us."

⤜ ⬪ ⋄ ⬪ ⤛

"What's with those funky photo booths?" Juyeon muttered, annoyed at anything and everything we came across. He and Sunghoon seemed rather disinterested, but Suah being herself dragged them along.

"They're cute!" Suah yelled defensively. Her ego hurt seeing how Juyeon was picking on everything of her liking. She sulked as she walked alongside us, her arms crossed.

Juyeon sniggered, seeing how worked up the girl got. He wrapped his arm around the younger's shoulder, "You're more cute though—"

Suah had turned a very lovely shade of red at that, "Uh whatever, let's just go— Where did you want to again— Oh yeah, that stupid skating ring!" Suah said aloud as she proceeded to walk ahead. The mood having lifted up a bit, we all grinned, following her.

⤜ ⬪ ⋄ ⬪ ⤛

Never had I even once touched the roller skates they used for ice skating in my entire existence. Tucking my hair strands behind my ears, I bent down to tie my shoelaces.

"Ready Areum?" Juyeon asked as I shook my head, "Oh come on, I'll hold on to you." He smiled as we held each other's hands, gingerly walking upto the gates.

I saw as a small girl, looking around the age of 5, stepped into the ring, her mother following behind. Never had I felt more jealous of a kid. Being good at ice skating, they had confidence which I was lacking profusely at this point. What if I fell, how embarrassing would it be.

"Easy there," Juyeon mumbled, holding my hand tightly as I stepped onto the slippery ice floor, my feet wobbly. As soon as I was inside, I glided myself towards the railing they had built for the beginners to take support of. "Oh yeah, just like that, you can do it!"

With my fingers wrapped around the cold metal rim, I looked around the huge ring. The atmosphere was cold, but bearable due to the fluffy leather coats we were wearing. I watched as men and women, even kids, skated through the place, their legs gliding gracefully which each move.

I felt Juyeon's hold on my hand loosen, making me snap my head into his direction fearfully. He grinned as he let go of me.

"Lee Juyeon!"

He laughed as he gripped my arm once again, pulling me away from the railing, "Steady there," He stepped back, so I was skating forward.

Once we picked up a speed, Juyeon saw how I had gotten distracted of the fact that I would fall, so he slowly let go of my hands. My attention almost immediately snapped back as my body motion instinctively stopped, "No, Ju—"

Before I could fall backwards, a pair of arms encircled my waist as my back met with a warm chest. My hands immediately held onto the stranger's arms as I regained stability.

Once I was on my feet, I turned around, finding myself facing Park Sunghoon. My breath was almost knocked out of my lungs seeing him up so close. I didn't let the chance slip as I imprinted his face in my brain. He was way more good looking than I ever gave him credits for.

He snapped out of it as he retreated his arms from my waist, wrapping his fingers around my wrists, "Be careful," He whispered as he started going backwards, making me follow him, "I'll teach you, come."