CHAPTER XXXIV: RETURN HOME

Reyna's POV

It took Reyna a second to take in her surroundings. One second, she was blinded by light, the next she was standing in a gold gilded room. The very room she recognized from the Thor movies. And standing in the center of the room was the man that opened the bifrost for them: Heimdall.

"Welcome to Asgard," Heimdall told Reyna and Carina. Reyna glanced at Carina, who looked astonished by Asgard.

Guards entered the room carrying shackles. They shackled the skrull in case she awakened and carried her away. Sif grabbed one of the guards. "Show Carina to a healer. She was rendered unconscious, and should be checked over." The guard nodded, and Carina followed him across the bifrost bridge.

"I already told Odin you would need to speak to him," Heimdall said. Reyna nodded to him and followed Sif as she led him to the Asgardian throne room. Wait a moment...if the Collector has the Aether, this must be after Thor 2, which means that Loki is posing as Odin. That was an important thing to remind herself. Reyna had already decided not to reveal the future to anyone, and she supposed that meant she had to keep Loki's secret, whether she liked it or not.

Soon enough, Sif and Reyna entered the throne room. Sif knelt before 'Odin' while Reyna stood behind her. Yes, kneeling was a sign of respect, but Reyna just wanted to get this over with.

"Rise," 'Odin' told Sif. "Heimdall told me about you, Lady Reyna. You were hoping I could help you return to your world?"

Reyna nodded. "You're the Allfather, I thought if anyone would be able to help, it would be you," Reyna admitted. Well, he's actually not the Allfather, but whatever.

"May I ask you more about the circumstances that brought you to Knowhere?" 'Odin' asked. Reyna nodded. "Sif, guards, let us converse privately." Sif nodded to Reyna and followed the guards out.

'Odin' stepped down from the throne. "How much do you know about me? What knowledge do you have from your world?" he asked.

"If you're asking if I know you're Loki, yes, yes I do?" Reyna answered. "Don't worry, no one here knows. I figured telling people the future wouldn't be wise."

Loki shapeshifted back into himself. "Thank you, and, yes, that knowledge is too dangerous for any of this universe to have. I also thank you for helping Sif protect the Aether. It's too dangerous for anyone to use."

"I know," Reyna agreed. "Do you think you can help me?"

"It's possible. Explain to me what happened. Spare no detail." Reyna retold her tale to Loki, hoping he could help. When Reyna finished, Loki was silent for a moment. "This isn't the first time this has happened, I believe. There's a legend that Bor, Odin's father, went through a similar gateway to another universe. There, he was met by other gods. Not gods of Asgard, no. The gods of Egypt. After some time, Bor returned. He explained that he returned after a good deed was done to him and he did a good deed to the Egyptian gods. Everyone thought it was just a myth. There are plenty of...exaggerated tales of Bor, many of which before Odin was born. I suppose that this isn't a myth, and that Bor went through something similar to what you have." Loki paused again. "Tell me, are there only Roman gods in your world?"

"Well, the Roman gods are also the Greek gods. The Romans basically copied the Greeks' mythology and changed some things. My mother is only Roman, for example, because she was created by the Romans, not the Greeks. But others, like Jupiter, have alter egos, such as Zeus. Which is unfortunate since the Romans and Greeks are warring against each other at the moment. But the reason for why there are gods is that people believed in them, and somehow they sprung into existence. Even now, Greek and Roman gods are so important in society because they are seen as classic stories. By that logic, there must be more gods out there. Clearly, Norse mythology is important to pop culture if there are like six movies you or Thor have been in. And Egyptian mythology also seems important. And there may be more gods than that," Reyna explained.

"Interesting. If Egyptian gods do exist in your world, Bor may have travelled to your world," Loki pondered. "Bor was sent back when both he and the Egyptian gods helped each other. You have assisted Sif, so your half is complete. Now we must help you."

"But, isn't helping me get home helping me?" Reyna asked.

"That might not count. Tell me, is there anything I can do? Is there perhaps something I can give you to aid your war on your world?"

"What do you have?"

"I could put a spell on you," Loki mused. "Something beneficial to you. Do you have any injuries?"

"Only a few bruises."

Loki pondered for a moment. "What if I put a spell on you that can help you sense danger?"

My own Spidey sense? "Can you do that?"

"Yes, it isn't hard, and if you're at war, it will help."

Reyna nodded. "Alright. How do we do this?"

"Hold my hand," Loki started, holding his hand out. Reyna hesitantly took his hand. "Now I can perform the spell." Reyna shudders as a tingly feeling crawls up her arm and takes hold of her body. Soon, it stops. Reyna and Loki let go. "There you are."

"Thank-" Before Reyna could finish, the twister of a portal began to form behind her. "I guess it worked."

Loki smiled. "Go, your world will need you."

Reyna nodded and walked into the twister, appearing right back where she was the first time.

A/N
Well, here we are. The final chapter. Now I'm discontinuing. Maybe I'll start it up again later, but don't count on it. I hope you enjoyed. If you want, I have more MCU fanfiction y'all might be interested in. But thank you for reading this the past few years. This was the fic that got me into fanfiction. While I will no longer be continuing, this fic has sparked so much more for me. And my readers were part of that. Thank you for the votes and the comments, I appreciated them so much. 
<3 Michelle