CHAPTER XXI: GOSH DARN THE FATES

Percy's POV

"So, we need to get you back to Midgard," Valkyrie said.

"Hmm, kinda," Annabeth said.

"What do you mean, kinda?" Valkyrie asked.

"This is really crazy, but we were doing our thing on our world, when suddenly we were thrown onto Sakaar through some sorta portal. But that's the normal part," Percy explained. "On our Earth, we have these things called movies about different fantastical things for entertainment. And Sakaar only exists in those movies for us."

"Basically, we are not even in our universe, much less our planet," Annabeth summed up.

"Then how are we going to get you back to your Midgard?" Valkyrie asked.

"I'm working on it," Annabeth said. "We were just doing our thing in Tartarus when the tornado surrounded us, and then, boom! We were in Sakaar. But how and why?"

"Gosh darn the Fates," Percy said. "We already are two demigods on the run in Tartarus, the place worse than the Underworld, trying to stop Gaea! I mean, I love these movies, especially you, 142, but we need to get home and close the Doors of Death."

"What are the Fates?" Valkyrie asked.

"They're these super old ladies that basically decide what happens to everyone and when everyone dies and all that fun stuff," Percy explained.

"The Fates always have a reason, Percy," Annabeth said. "Why would they want us to end up in Marvel?"

"And before Sakaar is cool! Thor isn't here, Loki isn't here, so why be here if they aren't?" Percy complained.

"Exactly, we're here before Ragnarok-"

"Wait! Ragnarok!" Valkyrie exclaimed in surprise, cutting off Annabeth. "The destruction of Asgard?"

"It's just the title of a movie, not actually Ragnarok," Percy frantically lied, trying not to reveal the future. That would probably be bad.

"As I was saying," Annabeth said, "the Fates always have a reason, and we're here before Ragnarok, maybe we have to prepare for it."

"Luckily, we're standing right next to one of the main characters," Percy pointed out.

"Yes! And we've already done something!" Annabeth exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Valkyrie asked.

"We convinced you to help us...maybe that'll help you later on," Annabeth explained.

Percy shrugged. "It's Annabeth, so I'ma assume it's right." He turned to Valkyrie. "Just some cryptic info about the future here, even though I hate being the center of cryptic prophecies about the future. You're gonna have to make a decision like this again. Just remember Asgard. Was that cryptic enough, Annabeth?"

"Yeah, sure. Better unpack the old sword," Annabeth added.

"Um, okay," Valkyrie said in confusion. "Yeah, but how do you go back ho-"

She was cut off by a terribly loud sound. The engine started to fail. Valkyrie jumped into the driver's seat to navigate a landing point. Percy looked out the window to find a familiar sight.

"That look familiar?" he asked Annabeth.

Annabeth looked at where he was pointing. "Yep, that's what it looked like when we got here."

"I can't land!" Valkyrie shouted.

"It should go away once Percy and I go through the he portal," Annabeth reasoned.

"I restate my point; I can't land!" Valkyrie said.

"Then we'll jump!" Percy said. He opened the door. Annabeth wrapped an arm around his torso and he wrapped an arm around her waist. "Thanks a lot, Valkyrie! One, two, three!" The demigods jumped into the black mass.

Annabeth's POV

She and Percy fell through the black mass. It was dark and swirling. Then suddenly her feet touched the floor. She opened her eyes to find the familiar terrain of Tartarus. "I hope we don't have to ever do that again."

But, naturally, it'll happen again.

A/N
Hey y'all I hope ya liked it!
💚Michelle