CHAPTER XXIV: I DON'T HAVE ANY MANTICORES ON MY FARM...

Clint's POV

Clint and Laura woke up as Cooper and Lila ran through the house and slammed their parents' door open and proceeded to jump on the bed until Clint and Laura got up, repeatedly shouting "It's Christmas! It's Christmas! It's Christmas!" Clint looked at the clock to see it was 5:30 am. Christmas, the one day of the year the kids wake up before 7:00.

Clint and Laura tiredly got out of bed and watched as the kids ran off to the Christmas tree. "Only open your stockings right now!" Clint reminded them. The parents wanted to watch the children as they opened the other gifts. Before going to the living room, Clint stopped by to check on the satyr and cyclops.

Tyson was still asleep and Grover was up but tired and on the laptop. "I'm sorry if they woke you up, Grover."

"Nah, instead of setting an alarm clock, I figured they'd wake me up. I planned on it," Grover said.

Clint chuckled a little bit. "Well, your plan worked. I'm not sure if you wanted to be up at 5:30 though."

Grover shrugged. "More time to look through these Greek texts, see if I can figure anything out."

Clint rejoined his family and watched the young faces light up with joy when they opened their presents from him and Santa. This was why Christmas was Clint's favorite holiday. His family was always happy, and that made him happy.

Eventually the children went downstairs and played together. Clint went to go check up on Grover and Tyson. "Merry Christmas. You do celebrate Christmas, right?"

"Yeah, we celebrate it! Who wouldn't celebrate a free excuse to get presents and be with loved ones?" Grover answered. "Merry Christmas to you."

"Merry Christmas!" Tyson shouted.

"Have you found anything?" Clint asked.

"No, not yet Clint. Sorry," Grover apologized.

"I'm fine with you here, but I don't think the FBI will be," Clint started. "Every week, the FBI comes and inspects the property. Part of being under house arrest, y'know. If they find two non-humans here, they'll arrest you and increase my sentence."

Grover but his lip. "I was worried that would be the case. I'll go as fast as I can. When are the FBI coming next?"

"Tomorrow, the feds are coming tomorrow," Clint said apologetically.

"Okay, so tonight Tyson and I will leave and wait a day until the FBI leave and we'll come back if that's needed," Grover suggested.

"Dad!" Cooper and Lila shouted.

"What is it, sweeties?" Clint asked.

"Can you play with us?"

"Sweeties, I'm gonna be busy for a while. I'll come as soon as I can."

"I can play with them," Tyson said. "Kids like me. I'll play with them."

Clint smiled because of Tyson's generosity. "Thank you Tyson."

"No problem!" Tyson said with a huge grin. Clint turned his attention on Grover.

"If you want you can come out, Grover. The kids are gonna be downstairs."

"You sure? I don't want to interrupt your Christmas."

"Well, you were kinda wisked away from your home during Christmas, so I don't think it's fair that you stay stuck in here during Christmas."

"I think time is different between our worlds. I mean, it isn't Christmas at Camp Half-Blood."

"Okay, I'll just add that to the list of weird things I encounter," Clint said with a smile. "Does this mean you get two Christmases this year?"