CHAPTER X: THOU SHALT NOT LIE LEO

Okoye's POV

Okoye swiftly ran through the forest of Wakanda. She slid to a stop at the sight of the plant she was searching for. She bent down to look at it, and saw a bloom. "Shuri!"

Shuri came running to her. She slid to the ground and examined the plant. "Nope," she said while pouting.

"How are we going to find one that works?" Okoye asked in frustration.

"Well, there has to be plants of both sexes here. They need both to reproduce, y'know," Shuri replied.

"Shuri?!" Hazel shouted from afar.

"Gtg!" Shuri said to Okoye. She ran to find Hazel and see if she had any better luck than anyone else in the small group.

•••

Piper's POV

"Leo, what the heck?!" Piper shouted.

"You made your plan sound super crazy before!" Jason shouted.

"Correction: it sounded dangerous. This is still crazy," Nico said.

"Fair point," Piper acknowledged.

"You know what? I'm a bored, stressed, hyperactive Greek demigod. I don't do good ideas! It's not in my genetics!" Leo said.

"Human or god genes?" Nico asked sarcastically.

Leo threw Nico a glare. "Freakin' both."

"How 'bout you not exaggerate next time, please?" Piper asked.

"We'll see, Piper. For now, let's go," Leo responded.

•••

M'Baku's POV

Those demigods were weird.

They claimed to get to Wakanda because they're flying boat was in a "shifty" storm. The fidgety guy, Leo, wanted to know if M'Baku had history about the weather. Why not ask Shuri?

These guys were weird.

But M'Baku agreed to help.

He sat by the beautiful purple flowers his people grew. They were used to make a drug in the rest of Wakanda, but M'Baku found it too beautiful to use to make a drug.

As he sat there, he thought of all the storms he could remember in his lifetime. Next to him was an elderly man in his tribe, who too was contemplating the question: was the storm that brought the Greeks and Romans to Wakanda unprecedented?

•••

Leo's POV

Leo paced around the area of the mountain M'Baku let them stay.

"I'm still mad at you for making up crap, but that plan would've made a pretty awesome story," Jason said.

Leo shrugged. "More like one of those mediocre Marvel fanfics you find on websites like Wattpad and Quotev that claim to have a schedule but never follow the schedule and wait months to post a new yet super short chapter."

Jason laughed. "Since when did you read fanfiction?"

"What? I need therapy after Infinity War!"

"Can't argue with you there. Still, that part about getting M'Baku to help you fly to Lichtenstein was...interesting."

"I was making everything up on the fly. I wanted to see your reactions!"

"I thought you went clinically insane."

"So does that mean that Wattpad authors are crazy?"

"...Maybe..."

"I mean, have you seen the Peter Parker x readers? They're all about Tony Stark's cousin or sister or niece or whatever. And the ships! Weird!"

"I don't read fanfiction."

"Wait! If Marvel movies exist in our world, and demigod books exist in this world, is this crossover between our worlds a fanfiction in some other world?"

"Leo, you need sleep."

"Nah, I'm good."

Jason rolled his eyes. "Okay. Why do you need to know about the weather anyway?"

"That storm was crazy. Wakandan tech can do some legit crazy things. Maybe Shuri could make something to remake one to get us home, and they can go to other worlds of they need to. I'm asking M'Baku for help so that if this has happened before, we have a second witness for what storms are like in those situations, 'cause personally I was more concerned about staying alive than actual scientific observations or whatever."

"Fair enough. I'm gonna sleep. Both Piper and Nico are 'cause we haven't slept for 36 hours now and those hours have been crazy."

"It's been that long? I guess I'll sleep too."

Leo crouched down and leaned against the wall behind him while Jason lied straight on his back a few feet away. Slowly sleep took over his insanely ADHD brain. Never had he felt like he'd done so much crazy stuff, and that was saying a lot, coming from him.

A/N
Guys, I suck. The stuff about Wattpad, minus the x reader and ship part is totally me. I'm so sorry. Please feedback!
💘Michelle