CHAPTER IX: IS IT MADNESS, M'BAKU?

Frank's POV

The group silently trekked through the Wakandan rainforest as Hazel lead them to the vibranium. There was a lot of plants and wildlife, but Frank gave them no attention. He was here for Hazel, not for Wakanda.

Sure, he shouldn't be worried about Hazel. It wasn't like she was going to take on Loki or whatever. She was going to walk into a forest and find some herbs. And even if there was danger, T'Challa, Shuri, Okoye, Nakia, and W'Kabi were there. Frank didn't know much about Black Panther, but the Wakandans seemed like they could protect  Hazel if something happened. Which nothing would.

Hazel came to a stop. "There," she said, pointing directly in front of them. A small plant lay a couple of meters away. Which would be like a couple of yards. The U.S. Customary System is weird, Frank thought.

"Time to get some herbs."

•••

Jason's POV

"You have got to be kidding me!" Jason shouted at Leo. "Are you crazy?"

"Not crazy. Genius," Leo retorted.

"You sure 'bout that?" Nico said.

"You're gonna get yourself killed!" Piper exclaimed.

"I'm starting to think that's my name, since you say it so often. Anne that's an overstatement," Leo responded casually.

"Is he normally like this?" Ross asked.

"Yeah, pretty much," Hedge said.

"Leo, you can't just stroll in," Jason said.

"Who are you, Boromir? I'm not gonna go to Mordor, so I think I'm fine," Leo replied. "I know, this is one of my weirder plans, but why not? It's gonna help Wakanda out a lot."

"It's not gonna help Wakanda if you die!" Piper said.

"I work for the CIA, and from that I know that you can't just do something like that, something so...reckless!" Ross said.

"Cupcake, just don't," Hedge said.

As they walked down the hallway leading to outside, the Argo II crew and Ross tried to talk Leo out of executing his plan. But Jason k we it wouldn't work. Once Leo out his mind to something, he'll do it.

The automatic doors opened, and Leo rushed out of them. The others rushed after him.

"Mr. Ross, Coach, stay here and wait for T'Challa. Tell him where we are if he returns before we do," Leo said. He shut the door and left Ross thinking that he was indeed insane and Hedge thinking he should've seen that coming.

"Leo! Are you sure about this?" Piper asked.

"Dam right," Leo answered.

Jason knew how this would end. He sighed. "OK, fine, we'll help you, but only so you don't kill yourself," Jason finally let in. "It's not like we could stop you."

Leo turned to Jason and smiled. "Thanks, my dude. Let's go!"

•••

M'Baku's POV

M'Baku was standing in the mountain. He liked observing the activities of Wakanda that happened below him, though no one knew that. Though M'Baku disagreed with newer technology, he at least liked to know what there was.

Today was kind of crazy. A flying boat literally appeared out of nowhere and fell into the rainforest. An airship came by soon, so M'Baku assumed that the situation had been dealt with. Still, it was weird.

He walked back inside his home. He sat down on his throne. Nothing happened for an hour. Then a messenger came to him.

"Uh, there are six teenage foreigners that want to see you," the messenger said.

"Ookay? Send them in?" M'Baku said in confusion. What were a half dozen teenagers, not native to Wakanda, doing here? And what did they want with him?

The kids came in. "Wassup?" one of them said in greeting.

"Um...nothing much.... What are you doing in Wakanda?" M'Baku asked.

"Now that is a long story," said a kid with blonde hair and a scar on his lip. The kids began to explain to them about the flying boat known as the Argo II, the crazy storm, unexplainably ending up in Wakanda when they were previously in Italy, and how they had met T'Challa. M'Baku's principle thought throughout the entire story was WHAAAT??? It was crazy.

It didn't stop there. The kids explained how they were demigods, half human, half god. How the mythical Greek and Roman gods were real. How there had already been a war between the demigods and the Titans, lead by Kronos, and now there's a war between the demigods and the giants, lead by Gaea, who was the first thing ever. It was a lot to take in.

"Ookay...," M'Baku said. "That's...strange."

"Almost as strange as Stephen," the one who claimed to be Leo Valdez said. Nico di Angelo elbowed him in the gut. "What did I do?" Leo asked.

"But it doesn't explain why you came to me."

"Yeah, about that..., " Piper McLean said.

"We need your help," Jason Grace said.

"And by 'we,' I mean Wakanda," Leo said. "Like, I noticed something that could help out the country, and I mean, we won't be here long since we gotta find the House of Hades and close the Doors of Death, y'know, but we'd love to help you out."

M'Baku was practically in shock because of this crazy demigod crap. "Uh...sure?"

A/N
109 READS! 16 VOTES! That's crazy! This is my first story on Wattpad. I thought that no one would notice this book, and that it would be the few friends I have IRL with Wattpad accounts. I know that 109 reads is pretty low compared to a lot of books on Wattpad, but it's a big deal for me! And 16 votes! I never in my wildest dreams thought anyone would vote on Two Worlds, One Goal. Again, 16 is pretty low compared to the rest of Wattpad, but it's high to me. Thank you everyone else for reading and voting!
Please vote/comment! I love comments, and I NEED feedback! Also tell me if you notice a plot hole or grammar flaw. I take criticism.
Also, I finally decided to actually have a schedule! On Mondays (MT) I'll post a chapter of this book, Two Worlds, One Goal, and on Wednesdays (MT), I'll post a chapter of my other book, Mormon and Proud. I apologize in advance for missing any publishing days, but, ey, life is life, and life sometimes is like a brick to the face.
💟Michelle
PS I realized my username was long so I made a name for myself, so Michelle here!