CHAPTER V: WAKANDA PLACE IS THIS?

Piper's POV

Piper caressed Jason's hand. Shuri had said that he'd be fine in 45 minutes, and would wake up in 5. Shuri was now talking with Leo about the Argo II, excitedly mentioning vibranium, Celestial bronze, and a bunch of sciency stuff only they understood. Every once in a while they referenced some vine or meme and broke into laughter. Leo was amazed by the Wakandan technology and Shuri was amazed by the Argo II.

Piper herself had never been a huge fan of Marvel. She'd seen a couple of the movies, even read a comic once, but never overly liked it. Most of her superhero knowledge came from Leo. She knew not to say anything about Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman hanging out with Spider-Man, Thor, and Captain America. Apparently they were two different companies, Supes being in DC and Cap being in Marvel. Leo would kill her if she got it wrong.

She had watched a few movies with Jason before they left Camp Half-blood. Jason had referenced the Avengers in a conversation with Leo and herself. Leo burst into laughter and said, "I understood that reference," which made Jason laugh. Piper was totally confused. When she had told Leo and Jason that she never really had seen those movies, Leo flipped and ran to illegally download all of the billions of movies and put them on a flash drive and told Piper and Jason to go to where they had played Mario Kart and made Idiot Mode and watch the movies. In one day she had watched Iron Man, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. There were a bunch of movies in between, but Jason told her that these were the best ones. They hadn't gotten to Black Panther yet, so Piper had no clue who T'Challa, Shuri, and Okoye were. She'd ask Jason when he woke up.

Piper was amazed that Jason had been able to land the Argo II, when the storm obviously was...strange. She had no idea what the storm was. Maybe Shuri could find out.

Piper was going to have to ask Shuri later, though, because right then Jason had woken up.

"Pipes, what happened?" Jason asked.

"Jason! You collapsed, and we happened to be in Wakanda, so they brought you here," Piper said.

"Wait, Wakanda. Wakanda. Seriously?" Jason said in surprise.

"Yeah, Wakanda. With Black Panther and Shuri or whoever."

"Oh my gods! I love Black Panther. And when he first showed up in Civil War, oh my gods that was awesome!" Jason said, already fanboying over the Marvel universe.

"Yeah, not sure who everyone is, but they seem chill," Piper said.

"OK, here's the crash course on Black Panther. He first showed up in Captain America: Civil War because his father, the king of Wakanda, was killed in it. Basically he thought this one guy killed him, but Cap knew it was another guy, so they had this big fight. Cap was right, but long story short, it split the Avengers. Captain America, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Ant-Man, and Winter Soldier on one side, and Iron Man, War Machine, Spider-Man, Vision, Black Widow, and Black Panther on the other side, though eventually Black Widow and Black Panther joined Cap because they realized the whole fight was stupid and that Cap was right about the guy who they thought killed Black Panther's father," Jason said.

"Don't know who Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Ant-Man are, and why isn't Thor or Hulk there?" Piper asked.

"Watch Age of Ultron and Ant-Man," Jason said offhandedly. "Then in T'Challa's movie, basically this other guy, Erik Killmonger, wanted the throne, but T'Challa had it. There was this big fight and all, and is one of the best Marvel movies, I'd say. Shuri is T'Challa's sister who is super smart. Okoye is the general of the Dora Milaje, the Wakandan female army. Nakia is T'Challa's girlfriend, and W'Kabi is the leader of this one tribe in Wakanda. Oh, and Ross is this guy from Civil War. Martin Freeman. Y'know, Bilbo Baggins, the guy from Sherlock."

"OK, I guess that makes sense," Piper said. "How movies are there in this universe?"

"Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, and Avengers: Infinity War. Plus there are TV shows, like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Inhumans, Agents of SHIELD, Defenders, Agent Carter, Punisher, and Runaways."

"Oh my gods, that's a lot. Have you seen all of them?"

"The movies, yes. I've seen part of Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil, and Jessica Jones. Too many seasons to catch up on. When I was at Camp Jupiter, we used to have a movie night in the Fifth Cohort, and it usually ended up being Marvel, DC, or Star Wars."

Piper really didn't like Camp Jupiter. "At least there's something good about it."

"Hey! Reyna and Dakota aren't too bad. Octavian is the problem," Jason said.

"True, true. You seem more Greek than Roman though."

"Sometimes I feel that too. When this is all over, I'll go wherever you are," Jason said.

Shuri walked over to them. "OMG! Jason! Sorry, I've read all of the books and love you guys so much!"

"Well, he probably loves you just as much as you love him," Piper said.

"Nah, not really. I watch them and like them, but I'm not obsessed like Leo and Percy," Jason said.

Shuri laughed. "Well, you should be fine in like 30 minutes, just be careful 'til then. Do long, Jasper!"

When Shuri walked away, Jason asked, "Jasper?"

"Sounds like a ship name," Piper replied.

"Like, if we use this universe for examples, Clintasha, Romanogers, Starmora, or Pepperony?"

"Yeah, I guess. Did you just ship Black Widow with Hawkeye and Captain America?"

"There's also Brucetasha, Hulk and Black Widow," Jason said. "People ship Natasha with a lot of people."

"This fandom is weird," Piper decided.

"You haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet. Howard the Duck is in it."

"O-OK," Piper said.