CHAPTER XXVI: FINDING LAURA, BROUGHT TO YOU BY DISNEY PIXAR

Clint's POV

"How are you supposed to leave without the FBI knowing?" Grover asked.

"I'm a former SHIELD agent and Avenger, kid. The basic knowledge I have on technology is enough to deal with this FBI trash," Clint answered.

"Fair enough," Grover said, impressed. Clint quickly got the tracker off his ankle. He set it on his bed and covered it with the blankets.

"You guys sure 'bout this?" Clint asked.

Tyson shrugged. "We need to help Laura, nothing else matters."

"Tyson's right, Clint. We're gonna get Laura back," Grover added.

Clint nodded. "You sure you know what you're getting into?"

Grover laughed. "We fought in the Titan War and are fighting the Giant War. We can handle a manticore."

•••

The trio was outside the address the manticore had given Clint. Clint took a deep breath. "Laura's in there," he said quietly.

"And we'll rescue her," said Tyson.

Clint turned to the satyr and cyclops. "Are you sure about this? If this goes wrong-"

"Clint, we went over this," said Grover. "Tyson and I will help you get Laura back.

Clint nodded anxiously. They really want to help. They're so young. This, this is very, uh, very noble of them. "You remember the plan?"

"Yep, Clint. Now stop standing there and let's go!" Grover said.

"Okay." Clint inhaled a large breath. He cocked his head to the side. "Let's go." The trio walked up the door of the warehouse. Clint kicked the door open. They entered the dark building. In the darkness, Clint could make out broken machinery. The small amount of light came in eeriely through some windows near the ceiling. What is up with villains and abandoned warehouses? Like, could they not come up with a better, more creative idea? Even the monster from myths can't do some magic mumbo jumbo to make a better hide-out than a fricking abandoned warehouse! Clint pulled out his bow and pulled back an arrow, holding it up, ready to fire.

"You made it, just in the nick of time, Avenger," a voice said. It was the voice of the manticore.

Clint whirled around, looking for the monster. "Where are you? Show yourself!"

The manticore, in his human form, walked into the thin stream of light in front of the trio. "I see you are an archer, though I doubt I would be impressed. I've gone head to head with both Apollo and Artemis, the twin gods of archery." The manticore raised an arm and gestured for Clint to lower his weapon. "There's no need for that here, Avenger."

Clint didn't lower his bow an inch. "Whatever, I did my end of the bargain, where's my wife!"

The manticore smirked. "Low on patience, are we? She's in the next room, relatively unharmed."

"What do you mean, relatively unharmed?" Clint shouted.

"You'll see soon enough. But first, what you promised," the manticore said.

"What is he talking about, Clint?" Grover asked.

The manticore chuckled. "You didn't tell them? I thought they were just being noble, giving themselves up for the girl. All the more entertaining!"