CHAPTER XIV: MIDGARDIANS FOR THE GRANDMASTER

Scrapper 142's POV

Scrapper 142 piled the merchandise into the bottom of her ship. They looked like Midgardians. She hadn't seen a Midgardian for a long time...not since before Hela. Midgardians didn't leave Midgard that often. People usually got to Midgard through gateways or wormholes from across the galaxy leading to Sakaar, but Scrapper 142 didn't think there was any by Midgard. How did they get on Sakaar?

Though she was mildly intrigued by how the Midgardians got there, she quickly flew to the Grandmaster's tower. Not fast enough for them though.

Just before they got to the tower, one of them, the girl, started to stir. Once she realized that they were moving, she jerked up. She looked around, at the ground underneath her, the boy, and finally looked up at Valkyrie.

The girl shook the boy, who sluggishly woke up. Well frick! Valkyrie thought. This would make it more difficult. The Midgardians pounded their fists on the glass below Scrapper 142's feet. "Let us out of here!" the girl shouted.

"No can do," Scrapper 142 replied. She'd get her job done.

The boy reached in his pocket and pulled out a blue stick. It looked like what Midgardians used to write. He was about to pull the cap off until the girl slapped his arm and whispered something to him. Scrapper 142 rolled her eyes. Midgardians were weird. Especially the youth.

The boy scowled and put the writing utensil back in his pocket of his blue jeans. He looked through the glass underneath him to see the heaps of trash from across the cosmos, all from gateways across the universe. Every unwanted thing ended up in Sakaar eventually, sometimes even people, like these two.

Scrapper 142 sighed as she approached the Grandmaster's tower. She landed in a not so soft way, a result of intoxication. She was lucky she hadn't crashed into anything ever in her ship when she was almost always drunk.

"For all of your expertise in this field of work, that wasn't a very smooth landing!" the boy said half sarcastically. Scrapper 142 rolled her eyes.

Scrapper 142 slid her seat back to a control panel behind her and pressed a button. She watched underneath her as slightly green gas entered the glass prison through vents and filled the area the Midgardians were in. They fell into a coughing fit, coughing much more than the average Midgardian would. It was like they had some breathing problems, but they stayed conscious longer than most Midgardians would too. Why? Scrapper 142 shoved that question off. It didn't matter.

Scrapper 142 exited her ship and walked to the Grandmaster's guards and told them to take the Midgardians. They didn't dare back talk to her; she was the Grandmaster's favorite scrapper.

Scrapper 142 walked through the elaborate hallways in the Grandmaster's tower at a brisk pace. She needed to see the Grandmaster, and she figured he'd be glad to see her. Besides, the guards could sort out the Midgardians easily.

She found him where he usually was. Heck, she was usually there. The bar/disco/party room.

The room was full of color, which made Scrapper 142 stand out in her mostly neutral colored clothing. There was music, dancing, romance, and alcohol, all in the most flamboyant way possible.

Before heading to the Grandmaster, Scrapper 142 grabbed a drink for herself. The bartender saw her and immediately gave her a two liter glass bottle of whatever alcoholic drinks he could grab before Valkyrie could ask. Everyone knew her alcoholic style by now.

She slowly walked to the Grandmaster, weaving between the upper class of Sakaar. The Grandmaster was at a DJ station, playing around with the music for fun. When he saw her, he let another person take over and he walked to her, his captain of the guard close behind.

"Oh my gosh, glad to see you, 142!" the Grandmaster said. "What was I saying, just barely, that you were the..." He frowned as he waited for the captain to finish his sentence. "Starts with a b, Topaz."

"Trash," Topaz said.

"No! Trash doesn't even start with a b! I'm sorry 'bout that, 142, I meant best," he said coolly.

Scrapper 142 ignored Topaz's dislike for her. They never had had a great working relationship despite the fact the Grandmaster loved them both.

"Found a couple of contenders for you," she said. "Your guard's dealing with them right now. Two Midgardians, male and female."

"Fantastic! I've really been needing more people for the games! I'll come right to it as soon as I can!" he said with a large smile. Topaz rolled her eyes at Scrapper 142, the long lost Valkyrie.

"See you then." With her goodbye, Scrapper 142 downed the entire two liters at once.

A/N
I'm back suckaz! Thank you for understanding my absence. And thank you so much for reading. Over 330 views and more votes than I thought I'd get on all my stories combined! Thank you for being fantastic readers. Please vote and comment. Love y'all and hope you have a great day {don't die; it's bad for your health!}.
💟 Michelle