CHAPTER XXXI: RAGTAG THIEVERY

Reyna's POV 

She and Sif had settled down for the night. Their window was facing the Collector's treasury. They took turns watching for any suspicious activity while the other slept, if they could. The drunkards below them weren't exactly quiet. 

Reyna sat at the window, Sif standing behind her. "I'm not going to be able to sleep, Sif. No point in trying."

Sif pulled a chair up beside her. "I can't sleep either."

"You don't happen to know anything about what we're up against?"

"No. All Odin saw was that the Aether was in danger, not what it was in danger from." 

"Well, it would have to be someone who knew what it was, and could travel to Knowhere."

"That doesn't limit enough. The Infinity Stones aren't exactly a secret." 

Reyna sighed. "Any idea on getting me back to my world?" 

"Unfortunately, no. If you were from Midgard in this universe, Heimdall would just send you back with the bifrost. But I don't know any means to send someone to another universe. But, if anyone knows, it would be the Allfather." 

"So after all of this, would you mind telling Odin about this?"

"I will tell him. Hopefully he can help." 

The two warriors fell into silence for some time, focusing on the imminent attack.

Then they saw it.

Several figures moved around in the shadows. They were swift and balanced, therefore not drunk.  They were armed with some sort of rifle-like weaponry. They stalked to the treasury.

"Those are our guys," Reyna said. She stood up. Sir jumped out of the window. Reyna grabbed a drape and used it to scale the wall, since she wasn't an Asgardian. They ran across the street, drawing their weapons.

Sif's POV

Sif drew her double bladed sword as Reyna did the same for her javelin. One of the thieves saw them and prepared to fire at them, but Reyna threw her javelin at him, toppling him to the ground. Sif ran past the fallen and began fighting. Soon, Reyna had her javelin again and was helping her. 

The thieves weren't particularly skilled. It didn't take long for the two warriors to disarm them. Before long, they were all dead or unconscious, other than one.

Reyna pointed her javelin at the thief before he could stand. "Who are you?" 

"We're just pirates. Please don't kill me, I don't want anything in there, but the money I'd get for the reward would be enough to send my little sister to a Xandarian university. Then she wouldn't be looped in with pirates like I am, and she'd be safe."

Sif sighed. He is desperate. He doesn't want to do this but feels he must. "I might be able to help your family, but you need to tell us about who hired you."

"Some rogue Skrull. Not rogue as in fighting the Kree. She wants to use this red rock thing to take over criminal empires!"

Both Sif and Reyna sighed. "Take a ship and return to your family, and go to…." She left the sentence hanging for Sif to finish. 

"Asgard. Tell them Sif sent you." The pirate nodded and ran off.

"Well, now we know what we're up against," Reyna said.

"And a Skrull will he undetectable."

A/N

Sorry this is super short, I didn't have time, FORGIVE ME!

💙 Michelle