Chapter III: WHAT THE?

T'Challa's POV

"Shuri! What does this blinking thing mean?" T'Challa shouted to his younger sister, Shuri, who was an insanely smart scientist.

"Didn't I explain that to you last week?" Shuri called back.

"Well, could you help me out?"

"OK," Shuri said. As Shuri walked in she looked at the ground astonished. "Brother, WHAT ARE THOOOOSE! I told you not to wear sandals in my lab!"

"Hey, I wanted to go old school today, sister," T'Challa. "What were you working on?"

"I'm fixing your friend, the broken white man," Shuri said. She was referring to Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier. Barnes had his mind tampered with by HYDRA, and didn't trust himself anymore. Anyone with the trigger words could mind control him and make him do anything. Shuri was trying to get the HYDRA crap out of his head.

"How is he?"

"Give me three weeks, and we can take him out of cryo."

"Good. Tell Captain Rogers that."

"What did you need help with?"

"This flashing, I haven't ever seen it blink," T'Challa said, pointing to small light, similar to an LED, but made of vibranium.

"What the?" Shuri said in surprise.

"What is it?"

"A foreign ship is inside the force field. Something like...a flying boat? Surrounded by a storm?"

"How did anything get across the border?" Nothing ever got in Wakanda unless Wakanda let it in.

"I don't know, brother!" Shuri said. "I'm kinda concerned for the passengers. It literally is a flying boat. Most people can't keep it in the sky more than a-." Shuri stopped and her face fell. "Second," she said in a worried tone.

"What?" T'Challa asked.

"The ship...it's falling..."

"How fast?"

"Fast. Less than 100 feet 'til they crash."

"Where?"

"Just outside the city. We can't get anything there fast enough. Oh my gosh! How?"

"What happened?"

"At fifty feet it slowed down and gently landed! I don't know how they did that!"

"I'm going there. We have no idea who they are. We don't know their intentions. If they be good, we will help them. If they be evil, they will be stopped. Okoye will go with me," T'Challa said.

•••

The Wakandan airship landed silently on the ground next to the boat. It really was a boat.

T'Challa heard six voices from the deck. For the most part, they were confused. It sounded as if they didn't know where they were.

"Let's resolve this peacefully if we can, Okoye," T'Challa said.

"Very well. Don't freeze," Okoye said.

"I never freeze."

Okoye raised an eyebrow. "You sure about that?"

T'Challa sighed. "Most of them sound like teenagers."

"You're changing the subject. But yes, they are young. How did they pilot this here?"

"Let's find out."

T'Challa and Okoye jumped on the deck of the ship. What they saw was...interesting. There was a Latino boy running around checking the ship, a Chinese boy  telling the Latino to hurry up, an African American girl kneeling by an almost unconscious American boy, with a Native American girl kneeling by the American as well. Talking to the African American was an Italian boy. A half man, half goat was trotting around, shouting at the teenagers to do something. None of them had noticed T'Challa and Okoye.

"Greetings. Who are you, and where are you from? How did you get here?" T'Challa said.

The crew of the ship looked up. The Latino's eyes widened. "Black Panther? Okoye? What the heck?"

"Who's Black Panther and Okoye?" asked the African American.

"They're superheroes, kinda like Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor," said the Native American.

"Marvel Comics wasn't really a thing for many people yet in the '40's. It only started in the late '30's," the Italian said. What was Marvel Comics, and what did that have to do with anything?

"Well, why the flip is Black Panther here when we all know that Marvel is fictional?" the goat man said.

"Fictional?" Okoye asked.

"Like no offense, but we know about you guys from American movies and comics," the Chinese said with a slight Canadian accent. "We didn't think you were real."

"Hold up! If you are Black Panther, or T'Challa, I'm guessing, and you're Okoye, does that mean this is Wakanda?" the Latino asked..

"What kinda what?" the African American asked.

"No, Hazel, Wakanda is a "fictional" African country," the Chinese said. He used his hands to put quotes around fictional.

"Oh, OK."

Obviously they weren't here on purpose. "I am T'Challa, King of Wakanda and the Black Panther. This is my general, Okoye. Who are you?"

"Yo, I'm Leo Valdez, Bad Boy Supreme, son of Hephaestus," the Latino said. The Chinese rolled his eyes.

"Frank Zhang. Son of Mars," the Chinese said.

"Nico di Angelo, son of Hades," said the Italian.

"Hazel Levesque, daughter of Pluto," said the African American.

"Piper McLean. Daughter of Aphrodite. And this is Jason Grace, son of Jupiter. He needs help," said the Native American while gesturing to the American.

T'Challa didn't know who Hephaestus, Mars, Hades, Pluto, Aphrodite, or Jupiter were, or why that mattered.  He still had questions. How did they get in Wakanda? How did their ship work? And what happened to the American, Jason Grace? And who was the goat man.

"Who's the goat man?" Okoye asked.

"SATYR! The name is Gleeson Hedge." shouted the goatman.

"Gleeson? That's your first name?" Leo Valdez asked jokingly.

"You bet it is, cupcake!" Hedge said.

"Anyway," Okoye said, "How did you get here?"

"OK, yeah, that was weird," Leo said. "Yeah, so we were flying in Italy, heading to Greece, when this super weird storm came outta nowhere. It fried all of the circuits and Jason had to control the wind to land the ship, but the storm was weird and he couldn't control it so he barely was able to land the Argo II without crashing it and he collapsed."

"Wait, did you say control the wind?" Okoye asked.

"Yeah, that's a Jupiter thing." Piper said.

"Y'know, we're demigods. Half human, half god. We have some godly powers. I can talk to and control the dead," said Nico.

"Yeah, I can summon precious metals from the earth," said Hazel.

"I can do this," Leo said as he burst into flames. Frank edged away from Leo.

"Yeah, uh, I can do this," Frank said as transformed into a hawk. When he turned back into a human, he said, "That's more of a Poseidon thing. I've got an ancestor that was a son of Poseidon. As a son of Mars I'm good at battling, I guess."

"Um, I won't demonstrate my powers right now, but I can charmspeak. I can convince people to do things that they normally would never do," Piper said.

"OK, thanks for not charmspeaking now. Shall we help your friend?" T'Challa said.

"Wait, are we gonna meet Shuri? Shuri is the best!" Leo said.

"Um, yeah," T'Challa said.

"OK cupcakes let's go!" Hedge said.

"Coach, Wakanda nonsense was that?" Leo said.