CHAPTER XVII: WE'RE SCREWED

Percy's POV

Percy couldn't decide if he was excited or frustrated. On the one hand, he was in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, on Sakaar, hanging with Korg, the Taiki Waititi rock person, getting into fights with the last freaking Valkyrie, conversing with freaking Grandmaster Jeff Goldblum, and possibly even meeting the Hulk! On the other hand, he and Annabeth had just been bought by the Grandmaster, were thrown into the 'freaky circle,' and are going to be forced to be gladiators in the Grandmaster's cross of Hunger Games and Colloseum fights. There were definitely pros and cons about the situation.

He had tried to get the demigods away when they had first woken up in Valkyrie's ship, but Annabeth brought up a good point. Percy was going to try to use Riptide to cut their way out, but they were hundreds of feet above the ground, and Percy was 7000% done with falling from high places. Tartarus kinda does that to you.

His one plan had an obvious flaw, so Annabeth stopped him from uncapping Riptide, so their one option of escape was gone.

"Okay, if we can defeat the top champion-" Annabeth started.

"Which is the Hulk. Probably. It's before Ragnarok because Korg and Miek are here and Doug is alive. But I guess the champion might not be the Hulk yet," Percy added.

"Right. Korg will probably tell us who the champion is. If it's not the Hulk, we might be able to defeat him. I mean, I've got enough war strategy in me, and if you're fighting 'em, there's probably enough water in the stadium from spectators drinking that you can use that to fight."

"Yeah, but when Thor fought the Hulk and used his Asgardian thunder powers, the Grandmaster stopped the fight so that the Hulk could defeat Thor," Percy added.

"But we don't have obedience discs. Y'know, the tasers," Annabeth pointed out.

Percy looked around at the other 'prisoners with jobs.' None of them had the small circular electrocuters. "This must be before the Grandmaster starts using them."

Annabeth nodded. "You'll still want to be subtle about using water. The Grandmaster's not blind. If you summon all of the water at once, it'll be obvious."

"So I'll have to slowly get more as the fight goes on."

"Yep. Let's ask Korg who the champion is." The demigods found Korg leaning against the wall with Doug and Miek.

"Hey, Korg, my dude, we've got a question about the Contest," Percy said.

Korg stood up. "Okay, shoot."

"Um, who is the champion? He wouldn't happen to be a big green rage monster, the Incredible Hulk?" Annabeth asked.

"Oh, you've heard of him? Ye, he's the champion alright. You aren't thinking of fighting him, are you?" Korg answered.

"Oh, crap! We've gotta get outta here, and our only way out is if we can defeat the Hulk," Percy said.

"What's so urgent you have to get outta here fast?" Korg asked.

"Our planet is gonna be destroyed by a professional crazy goddess of we don't stop her!" Annabeth said.

"Oh, that sounds rough. Ye, I tried to start a revolution back home, but I didn't make enough pamphlets and only my mum and her boyfriend (who I hate) showed up. Well, I hope it works out better for your world."

Korg went to go talk to Miek, leaving Percy and Annabeth very worried.

A/N
Sorry it's short but today's Halloween so I gotta get my spooky on. I am the Dark Side from Star Wars and I gave random people cookies when they joined me. It was great. Happy Halloween, y tienes un Día de los Muertos fantástico. Yes, I know some Español y me gusta hablar en Español.
💞 Michelle