CHAPTER XXVIII: THIS IS WRONG!

Clint's POV

Everyone was back in the house, safe. The feds were making things difficult for Grover and Tyson though. "How did you get here?" "Why are you here?" "Why did you seek refuge with a criminal?" "Why did you put said criminal in a situation where he'd have to go against the Sokovia Accords?" Many similar questions were asked.

"And I wondered how anyone would be dumb enough to make the Sokovia Accords," Clint mumbled under his breath. "Goodness gracious, people! They were trapped in a magic vortex and ended up here! And they came here because they know who the heck I am? My gosh, will you cut them some slack?!"

The feds shut up and Ross turned to Clint. "We just want to know-"

"I know you do! So do they! Now, they're tryna find a way back home so they can fight the war that their world is in! Do you want an evil goddess to take over their world?"

"No, but-"

"Yeah, yeah, national security, whatever. They aren't illegal immigrants, or even refugees. They got displaced by magic and are trying to find a way home!"

"Mr Barton, they endangered your family!"

"I am aware of that!" Clint sighed. "It wasn't their fault. They can't control the choices of evil creatures. If they could, there wouldn't be at war in their world right now."

"They made you break the Sokov-"

"Wrong! They kept telling me to stay, that they'd surrender to save Laura. It was my choice to go."

"Are you saying you should be prosecuted?"

"Is the world we live in? A world where a man is put on trial for defending his wife and children against a kidnapper?" The feds were silent. "Because if it is, then I'm sorry for everyone living on this planet now."

"How did you escape?"

"You really think that it would be hard for a SHIELD agent to leave his house?" Clint said, unimpressed.

"Your weapons, how-"

"I left a spare here, just in case."

"And you didn't tell us?"

"Obviously I didn't."

"That's breaking the Sokovia Accords!"

"Laura's glad I had it. And considering she is at the top of my priorities and you are at the bottom, I think it was good I had it."

Throughout Clint's entire exchange, Grover was on the laptop, researching. Ross turned to him.

"So, events in this world are movies on your world?"

"Yeah."

"So is there a movie about you here? So that we can verify what you're saying?"

Grover shrugged. "I dunno. Lemme look." He typed into Google 'Percy Jackson movie.' "I searched Percy because he was like the chosen one of a prophecy, so a movie would probably be about him. Grover scrunched his eyebrows. "What in the name of the gods is this?" He turned around the laptop to show a movie poster titled The Lightning Thief. On it were three seventeen year olds. In the middle was a boy with dark hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. On one side was a girl with dark hair and pale skin and on the other side a boy with dark hair, eyes, and skin.

Grover skimmed through the description. "Holy Hera, this is wrong! I don't look like that, Annabeth's blonde, we were twelve when this happened, what the hellhound!"

His eyes fell to the bottom of the page. "'Based off of Rick Riordan's books'? Okay, the movie is crap! If you want to verify it, get these ten books."

"Bad adaptation?" Clint asked.

"Oh, yeah! On the bright side, I might have found a way back home, Tyson."

"Yes! We can go back to Camp Half-Blood!" Tyson exclaimed joyfully.

Tyson, Grover, and Clint went outside. "So, how are you getting home?"

"There's a super old legend that heroes would be taken to other lands to help each other. They wanted to go back home, but only could when they helped someone. And this guy was pretty smart. He recorded a lot of stuff we have now that is 100% real."

"Okay, so you helped me save Laura. What now?"

"Pray the gods actually do what they're supposed to do."

"Are they generally reliable?"

"Yeah, but they are kinda crap right now what with the war. It's supposed to be demigods vs Gaea, but it's turned into Greeks vs Romans, and the gods are both Greek and Roman, so that gets weird and they tend to fight themselves and their children."

"So there's only a 12% chance this could work?" Clint asked.

"More like 68%."

Suddenly, they were whipped into a storm. Grover smiled. "I guess that 68% came through."

Clint smiled back. "It did. Good luck with your war."

"Thanks, good luck with the government. Sorry they confiscated your bow!"

"Nah, I have twenty more that I can think of hidden around here. I lost one, not a big deal. You ever end up in this world again, you're always welcome here."

"Thanks. Seeya, Clint!"

"Bye Clint!"

Clint walked onto the porch and waved as the satyr and cyclops were transported back to Camp Half-Blood.

A/N
Sorry this took a while and it's short, but I had serious writer's block. Next part is about Reyna! Stay tuned for that! I hope you enjoyed! Vote and comment! Love y'all!
💙Michelle