CHAPTER XXIX: LOKI'D

Loki's POV

Loki sighed as he set the Tesseract back down in Odin's treasure vault. The Tesseract occasionally gives one visions of the future, as it had just done with Loki. "Darn," he said in frustration.

After Thor defeated Malekith, it was deemed unwise to keep the Aether on Asgard when the treasure vaults already had one Infinity Stone. Naturally, Asgard had looked for another place that could protect the Reality Stone and wouldn't use it vilely. They had found the Collector at Knowhere, a man who collects all he can. He gladly took the Stone and promised it's safety in his vaults.

But he was not as intelligent as the Asgardians had been lead to believe. Later, he sought out the Power Stone. It is unwise to have two such powerful objects in one place. And Knowhere was attacked by Ronan the Accuser.

Loki shuddered, imagining what would've happened if those ragtag arseholes hadn't killed the radical Kree. Not that he feared what Ronan would do; his entire goal was ridding the universe of the Nova Prime, which didn't affect Loki all that much. But Thanos would eventually have gotten the Stone. Luckily, the Power Stone now resides on Xandar, guarded by the Nova Prime.

You'd think the Aether would be under more protection now, but the Tesseract seemed to think otherwise.

Loki shape shifted into Odin before he left the treasure vaults. I don't know who will try to take the Aether. Gods, I hope it isn't Thanos. That mad man, who tortured and mind controlled me, would kill millions if he got hold of the Aether.

He walked across the halls of the palace as Odin, contemplating his options. I can't have Heimdall find Thor. Thor would find out I'm not Odin, and I'm not ready for that confrontation. Knowhere would object to Asgardian interference, but that doesn't mean they have to know, does it? I wouldn't be able to go myself, I'm ruling Asgard! And if it is Thanos, I want to be as far away from Knowhere as I can. Who would be able to protect the Stone without anyone's knowledge?

•••

Lady Sif's POV

"M'lady, the King wishes to see you," one of the Einherjar said. Sif quickly followed to see what Odin could possibly need from her.

"My King?"

"I've been studying the Tesseract lately, and it has given me a vision," Odin said.

"What did you see?"

"An attack on Knowhere, by someone searching for the Aether."

"We mustn't let them succeed! We must send our troops to protect the Collector's vaults!"

"Lady Sif, the peoples of Knowhere despise foreign interference, a hatred made more apparent by Ronan the Accuser's attack. Yes, we must do what we can to prevent the wrong men and women from taking the Stone, or any other relics there for that matter. But an obvious offense is not it. That's why I'm asking you to go."

"What would you have me do?"

"Go to Knowhere alone, in secret. Remain hidden there. Don't tell anyone you're Asgardian. Build yourself an alias. And protect the Stone without the knowledge of the people."

Sif nodded. "Of course, my King."

Later, garbed in clothing from Alfheim, Sif, or the newly dubbed Astrid, an alf, went down the bifrost to find Heimdall, to take her to Knowhere. He sent her there, telling her he'd watch out for this Astrid.

•••

Reyna's POV

Reyna made her way through Split, Croatia, looking for the temple her and Jason had been fascinated with since they met. If they had passed through here, Jason would've left something to indicate it to her.

Reyna walked in cautiously. She had grown to accept the fact that Roman monsters could pop out of nowhere at any time, and had soon learned to never let her guard down.

As she walked around, looking for a sign of Jason, she felt the air flow around her. What monster is tryna kill me now? The wind picked up until Reyna was surprised she could still stand.

Then the wind was gone. But her surroundings were now brightly colored and mind numbing. What in the name of Jupiter is happening?

A/N

Hey, sorry the introductory chapter is so short. I'll try to update on schedule, but my mom might be giving birth then, so we'll see!