Chapter 14

"you okay there Gallagher girl?" Zach whispers to me as I move positions on his lap for the 7th time in the past five minutes. We were about to finish the first movie. Let the record show that okay, maybe I wasn't as comfortable watching a seriously graphic movie with my boyfriend as everyone else here seemed to be. 

        "Who me? I'm fine...What would make you say that?" I whisper back as I shift again. This time, I lean forward to the coffee table and grab a packet of unopened Snickers bites, my personal favourites. He chuckles lightly to himself. 

        "sure seems like it" I can feel his smirk before I see it. 

        "Oh shut up" I say, shifting yet again so that my head is at the same level as his, making it easier to talk without getting shushed by 15 hormonal teenage girls hanging onto Christian Grey's famous 'laters, baby'. He doesn't respond, he just smirks, trying to suppress laughter. I pop one into my mouth and he looks over at me expectantly. 

        "Don't give me that look" 

        "What look?" he asks innocently. 

        "The puppy dog eyes" 

        "I'm not doing anything of the sort" he says cheekily. He pauses for a second before adding "C'mon pleasseeee?? Just one?" he whines. 

        "No get your own chocolate" I reply. At a lightning pace he tries to snatch the bag away from me, but the glance that he gave the bag before swooping in for the kill was a dead giveaway that let me anticpate his move. "Life lesson Goode, never try to get between a woman and her chocolate. Chances are it won't end well" I say seriously. 

        "Well we all know how much you're craving chocolate this week Gallagher girl" he whispers into my ear. 

        "Shut. Up." I say, smacking his arm lightly. "And for the record, no I'm not" I state. 

        "Fine fine whatever. Just give me one" he pleads. 

      "Fineeee" I concede, feeding him a cube. He takes the piece, then playfully bites down on my finger. His lips close around it as he sucks on it lightly. This is quite honestly one of the hottest things that he has ever done. He releases it within a few seconds, leaving me with a million butterflies swarming in my stomach. 

      "Oh and just because I'm not completely comfortable watching movies like this with you right here, doesn't mean you need to laugh at me" I say, referring to his comment before our fight about chocolate. Again, he doesn't respond, he just wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulls me even closer to him and presses a slow kiss to my forehead, lingering there for a few seconds. I close my eyes at the contact, relishing the feeling of his lips on my skin.  

        "don't get any ideas" I scold playfully. 

        "Oh Gallagher girl, the ideas are already got" 

        "that makes no sense" I point out. 

        "It sounded better in my head" he says, and we both giggle slightly at his expense. 

        "sure it did" 

        "shut up" he says, mimicing my words from earlier. 

     "but seriously though, no ideas" I say, my tone semi-serious, although in my head I'm completely, utterly, 100% serious. 

        "Don't worry Gallagher girl, you have nothing to fear. You're talking to the guy who can't even watch Liz kick you during P&E. And we all know that she couldn't hurt you badly even if she tried"